[mod.computers.vax] VMS security

GKN%OAK.SAINET.MFENET@LLL-MFE.ARPA (11/18/85)

Date:    Mon, 18-NOV-1985 08:30 EST
To:      Info-VAX@SRI-KL.Arpa

[unable to resist adding my own $0.02 worth...]

Digital already has a system in place which works pretty good for
Tops-10 customers:  It's called the CMCO, for Confidential Monitor
Change Orders.  The CMCO dispatch is mailed to a nominated person
at each supported site, and contains SPRs and answers for security
related problems.

As an aside, the regular Software Dispatch for the Tops-10 people is
orders of magnitude better than the ones we get for VMS;  they provide
"Symptom-Diagnosis-Cure" responses for all problems, and actually say
"Thank You" when customers provide solutions (even if they aren't used!).

I don't think I have ever seen a "Fixed in some future major release of
Tops-10" in one...

But, I digress... How about a special edition of the VAX/VMS Systems
Dispatch which contained only security-related problems?

gkn