[mod.computers.vax] VMS version of ftruncate

@ge-crd.ARPA:montnaro@battenkill (11/22/85)

Date: Wed, 20 Nov 85 08:41:35 est
From: montnaro@battenkill (Montanaro)
To: @csbvax:info-vax@sri-kl.arpa
Subject: VMS version of ftruncate()

We are still running VMS 3.7 and the old DEC C compiler (1.5?) which
does not have ftruncate() in the run-time library. We have an
application which reads a file, munches on the data for awhile,
rewinds the file, writes out the munched upon data, then wants to
truncate the file at that point. Not only do we not have ftruncate(),
but it appears that rather than overwriting the old information, the
new information is inserted ahead of the old!

Has anyone written a version of ftruncate for VMS?

Please reply directly to me, since I do not normally read info-vax.

Thanks in advance,

Skip Montanaro
ARPA: montanaro@ge-crd.arpa
uucp: ..!seismo!rpics!steinmetz!battenkill!montnaro
                        \/
        (I think - I'm no address expert)