[mod.computers.vax] VMS Fortran V4.3: seems to work fine

OC.PEDHEM@CU20B.COLUMBIA.EDU (Guy Talbot) (11/25/85)

> Date: Sat, 23 NOV 85 22:03:45 PST
> To: INFO-VAX@sri-kl.arpa
> From: MIGLESIAS%UCIVMS.BITNET@wiscvm.wisc.edu
> Subject: FORTRAN V4.3 - IS IT RELIABLE?
>
> We're about to upgrade from FORTRAN v3.4 to FORTRAN v4.3.  Is v4.3 fairly
> stable?  I'm a little worried about installing it, given the reports
> on how messed up previous versions of FORTRAN v4 were, especially the
> optimiser.  Thanks for any info you can provide.
>
> Mike Iglesias
> University of California, Irvine
> miglesias@UCIVMS  (BITNET)
> iglesias@uci.edu  (ARPA)

FORTRAN V4.3 seems to be reliable.
We do heavy ISAM, file conversion, and interactive grpahics
 and no problems have poppped up.

Use the VMSINSTAL procedure to do the upgrade.
(Type * and it finds all the products on the tapes and installs them)

					Chris Lent
					Care of OC.PEDHEM@CU20B
					CUPHOA::LENT (VAXmail)

-------