[mod.computers.vax] reading FLX tapes under VMS

GKN%OAK.SAINET.MFENET@LLL-MFE.ARPA (01/11/86)

Date:    Sat, 11-JAN-1986 11:47 EST
To:      Info-VAX@SRI-KL.Arpa

        From:   Arpa%"Halsema.ES@XEROX.ARPA"
        To:     info-vax@sri-kl.ARPA
        Subj:   Re: PDP-11 query
        Date:   Fri, 10 Jan 86 09:13 PST

        I recently got a tape written with FLEX on a PDP-11 under RSX-11. I
        tried to copy the files on the tape to disk on our 11/750, but couldn't.
        Is there a way to read FLEX tapes written on other machines using FLEX
        on the VAX? Is the VAX FLEX documentation (VMS 3.4) correct?

Do you really mean FLX, the FiLe eXchange utility?  If so, the tape can be
read on VMS V4.x systems using the EXCHANGE utility.  Hop into EXCHANGE by
saying $ EXCHANGE and ask for help.

Prior to VMS V4, you had to use the copy of FLX that was provided on older
VMS kits.

gkn