[net.sf-lovers] chanu's venture

bottom@katadn.DEC (08/08/85)

Oh well the keyboard got me again. That's Chanur's Venture.

But what was the first book? What is the third? Is the third book out
in paperback yet?

Thanks..........Dave Bottom

Digital Augusta Maine
!dec-rhea!dec-katadn!bottom
(207) 623-6935

"Get thee behind me"

peter@baylor.UUCP (Peter da Silva) (08/12/85)

> Oh well the keyboard got me again. That's Chanur's Venture.
>
> But what was the first book? What is the third? Is the third book out
> in paperback yet?

Pride of Chanur was the first. Chanur's Revenge, or The Kif Strike Back, is
the third. Great read.
--
	Peter da Silva (the mad Australian)
		UUCP: ...!shell!neuro1!{hyd-ptd,baylor,datafac}!peter

gjerawlins@watdaisy.UUCP (Gregory J.E. Rawlins) (08/13/85)

In article <3519@decwrl.UUCP> bottom@katadn.DEC writes:

>Oh well the keyboard got me again. That's Chanur's Venture.
>
>But what was the first book? What is the third? Is the third book out
>in paperback yet?
>
>Thanks..........Dave Bottom
>
>Digital Augusta Maine
>!dec-rhea!dec-katadn!bottom
>(207) 623-6935

The Chanur's Pride Novels:
	The Pride of Chanur [1982]
	Chanur's Venture [1984]
	Chanur's Revenge [1985]
--
Gregory J.E. Rawlins, Department of Computer Science, U. Waterloo
gjerawlins%watdaisy@waterloo.csnet

davidl@teklds.UUCP (David Levine) (08/15/85)

>>Oh well the keyboard got me again. That's Chanur's Venture.
>>
>>But what was the first book? What is the third? Is the third book out
>>in paperback yet?
>>
>>Thanks..........Dave Bottom
>>
>>Digital Augusta Maine
>>!dec-rhea!dec-katadn!bottom
>>(207) 623-6935
>
>The Chanur's Pride Novels:
>	The Pride of Chanur [1982]
>	Chanur's Venture [1984]
>	Chanur's Revenge [1985]
>--
>Gregory J.E. Rawlins, Department of Computer Science, U. Waterloo

The hardcover edition of the latest Chanur book is entitled not "Chanur's
Revenge" but "The Kif Strike Back."  (Ouch!)  As it happens, I had the
opportunity to ask C. J. Cherryh about the title change this weekend.  She
told me that she's planning a total of FOUR Chanur books.  "The Pride of
Chanur" is a stand-alone novel, to be followed by a trilogy of which "Chanur's
Venture" is the first book.

The story behind the title switch is this:  At some point, she joked in an
editor's hearing that she wanted to title the trilogy

	"Chanur's Revenge",
	"The Kif Strike Back", and
	"Chanur Cleans House" (!!)

By that time, "Chanur's Venture" had already been firmly titled, but the
editor decided to USE "The Kif Strike Back".  However, the third book will
actually be titled "Chanur's Homecoming."  (Well, we'll see.)

David D. Levine  (...decvax!tektronix!teklds!davidl)          [UUCP]
                 (teklds!davidl.tektronix@csnet-relay.csnet)  [ARPA]
                        ** NOTE CHANGE OF ADDRESS **