[net.sf-lovers] Mad Max Ripoffs

mcb@lll-tis-b (08/16/85)

From: mcb@lll-tis-b (Michael C. Berch)

> From: ucla-cs!srt@topaz.arpa
> THUNDER WARRIORS is Canon Group's rip-off of the Mad Max movies.  In
> retrospect, I'm surprised that no one has tried to rip-off the
> concept before this.

Actually, there have been quite a few of them. The one I saw most
recently was an Italian version, true to the "spaghetti" form and
filmed inexpensively, I believe, in Spain or northern Africa.
The title escapes me at present.

The most memorable was WARLORDS OF THE 21ST CENTURY, which made it to
cable TV, and was made in New Zealand. (It was fun to try to figure
out where it was filmed while watching; certainly the plot didn't
get in the way.) The story was highly predictable, but there were some
interesting moments. I can't remember any of the cast except that John
Ratzenberger played a minor character. (He's Cliff in "Cheers".)

Michael C. Berch
mcb@lll-tis-b.ARPA
{akgua,allegra,cbosgd,decwrl,dual,ihnp4,sun}!idi!styx!mcb