[net.sf-lovers] Antimatter girls.

RPS385%MAINE.BITNET@WISCVM.ARPA (08/12/85)

From: RPS385%MAINE.BITNET@WISCVM.ARPA  (Jeffrey Smith)

Someone a while back mentioned what would the children of an
anti-matter/matter marriage look like? To be perfectly truthfull,
if an antimatter girl and a matter boy even touched (kissed, held
hands) the explosion would liberate 1.22 * 10**28 watts of energy.
That is enough energy to light 1,000,000 light bulbs for
3,868,594,600,000 years! That's a lot of fireworks for a first
kiss!!
(I considered average male and female masses for the boy and anti-girl)

Now if only we could accumulate a few ounces of anti-matter, and control
the reaction. Quite a power source! Of course it would make a
formidible weapon too..

In article <3232@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU>, RPS385%MAINE.BITNET@WISCVM.ARPA  (Jeffrey Smith) writes:

>if an antimatter girl and a matter boy even touched (kissed, held
>hands) the explosion would liberate 1.22 * 10**28 watts of energy.

You've slipped your units.  Joules, not watts.
|         an engihacker @        |  ployer, my pets, my plants, my boss, or the
| at&t computer systems division |  s.a. of any computer upon which I may hack.
|        skokie, illinois        |
|          "go for it"           |  Path: ..!ihnp4!ttrdc!levy
 --------------------------------     or: ..!ihnp4!iheds!ttbcad!levy

     Let's postulate an antimatter  girl.  Question:  How do we get this
girl into  an environment where  a  matter boy  can  possibly  kiss  her
without liberating that 1.22E28  watts  in the process (through  contact
with  air, floor, etc)?   Remember, it  doesn't take  a  duplicate  of a
molecule to explode this  way.   Each  particle will  go  as soon as  it
touches  its antiparticle --  and  there are plenty  of  anti-{electron,
proton, neutron, etc}s making up our whole environment.

     Quite a power source, yes.  As I recall, a few pounds of antimatter
was  enough to run  the USS Enterprise, which  must draw quite a lot  of
juice.
--
					der Mouse
				System hacker and general troublemaker

Hacker: One responsible for destroying /
Wizard: One responsible for recovering it afterward

leeper@mtgzz.UUCP (m.r.leeper) (08/18/85)

 >From: RPS385%MAINE.BITNET@WISCVM.ARPA  (Jeffrey Smith)
 >
 >To be perfectly truthfull, if an antimatter girl and a
 >matter boy even touched (kissed, held hands) the explosion
 >would liberate 1.22 * 10**28 watts of energy.

They say in the film MAN WHO WOULD BE KING that if a human girl kissed
a god she will go up in a puff of flame -- "T-zing!"  Clearly this
proves that what the Khafiris thought were ancient gods were really
anti-matter aliens.  Ancient Astronauts... ("they practically owned
South America!"-- Carpenter's THE THING)

				Mark Leeper
				...ihnp4!mtgzz!leeper