[net.sf-lovers] Ewoks and victory

bnw@crash.UUCP (08/19/85)

From: <crash!bnw@nosc.ARPA>

_Bob <Carter@RUTGERS.ARPA> writes:
>One thing that bothered me about the Ewok victory: Guerrillas
>(never) finally defeat regulars without the assistance of an
>allied regular force.

     Aside from English and French colonial history being full of examples
to the contrary, remember that the Ewoks were not fighting alone.  There was
a squad of Rebel troops and a Wookie in a Scoutwalker.
                                                         /Bruce N. Wheelock/
                        arpanet: crash!bnw@ucsd
                           uucp: {ihnp4, cbosgd, sdcsvax, noscvax}!crash!bnw

phil@rice.ARPA (08/21/85)

From: William LeFebvre <phil@rice.ARPA>

>From: /Bruce N. Wheelock/, arpanet: crash!bnw@ucsd
>      Aside from English and French colonial history being full of
> examples to the contrary, remember that the Ewoks were not fighting
> alone.  There was a squad of Rebel troops and a Wookie in a
> Scoutwalker.

Also remember that if it hadn't been for the Wookie in a Scoutwalker,
the Ewoks probably would have lost.  At least, that was the impression
I got.  So I think that the story fits the assumption that "guerillas
don't win without assistance from an allied force" (even tho' that
assumption doesn't always ring true).

			William LeFebvre
			Department of Computer Science
			Rice University