[net.music] Tonio K. lyrics

ag4@pucc-h (Uncle Jeffer) (10/19/84)

> >"I hear Mars needs women, baby; you should apply..."
>
> I believe that line is from Tonio K.'s "Why Are There No Women on Mars?"

Hmmmm...  seems to me the title's simply 'Mars Needs Women'.  And for those
many who are just dying to know what that means (it is a bit out of context),
that's just Tonio's roundabout way of telling a girl off; as in:

"There ain't room on this whole Earth for *that* kind of charm"

Anyway, anyone see Oct. 19th's Bloom County?  It shows the little black kid
(whose name escapes me obviously) outside looking thru a telescope while
behind him a tiny martian ship lands and sticks up a poster behind him
that reads (you guessed it) "Mars Needs Women."  After the ship flys away
unnoticed, the little kid jots in his logbook: "slow night..."

Is there some significance to the phrase "Mars Needs Women" or is its
correlation to a Tonio K. song (and my signature!) just another example
of synchronicity???

I think it's a plot...

--
All right, ya want a quote, I'll give you a quote:
"I hear Mars needs women, baby; you should apply..."

Jeff Lewis                                         vvvvvvvvvvvv
{decvax|ucbvax|allegra|seismo|harpo|teklabs|ihnp4}!pur-ee!lewie
						   ^^^^^^^^^^^^

ron@brl-tgr.ARPA (Ron Natalie <ron>) (10/24/84)

It's kinda like carving the turkey, kinda like mowing the lawn...

omh@brunix.UUCP (Owen M. Hartnett) (10/28/84)

Maybe Berke Breathed reads the net.

ag4@pucc-h (Uncle Jeffer) (10/29/84)

Let's do the funky, the funky western civilization.
It's oh so very spunky, it just like summertime vacation.
That's 'cause all ya gotta do is:
Grab you partner by the hair, throw 'er down and leave 'er there.
(I mean, what could be more simple???)

strock@fortune.UUCP (Gregory Strockbine) (10/30/84)

In article <1367@pucc-h> ag4@pucc-h (Uncle Jeffer) writes:
>> >"I hear Mars needs women, baby; you should apply..."
>>
>> I believe that line is from Tonio K.'s "Why Are There No Women on Mars?"
>
>Hmmmm...  seems to me the title's simply 'Mars Needs Women'.
>
>Is there some significance to the phrase "Mars Needs Women" or is its
>correlation to a Tonio K. song (and my signature!) just another example
>of synchronicity???

	I think "Mars Needs Women" is the name of a movie.

merchant@dartvax.UUCP (Peter Merchant) (11/07/84)

> Let's do the funky, the funky western civilization.
> It's oh so very spunky, it just like summertime vacation.
> That's 'cause all ya gotta do is:
> Grab you partner by the hair, throw 'er down and leave 'er there.
> (I mean, what could be more simple???)

Well,
they put Jesus on a cross,
they put a hole in JFK