[mod.computers.vax] TPU "EMACS"

KFL%MX.LCS.MIT.EDU@MC.LCS.MIT.EDU ("Keith F. Lynch") (07/23/86)

    From:     EVERHART%ARISIA%rca.com@CSNET-RELAY.ARPA

    he tells me that the Languages & Tools SIG tape ...  will have a
    version of "emacs" for TPU.

  I thought it wasn't possible to implement Emacs in TPU, as TPU would not
allow commands to be bound to many control keys, such as ^X, ^C, ^S, and
^Q.  Is this now possible?
								...Keith

In article <[MX.LCS.MIT.EDU].935352.860723.KFL> KFL%MX.LCS.MIT.EDU@MC.LCS.MIT.EDU ("Keith F. Lynch") writes:
>  I thought it wasn't possible to implement Emacs in TPU, as TPU would not
>allow commands to be bound to many control keys, such as ^X, ^C, ^S, and
>^Q.  Is this now possible?

Whether or not this is possible, one feature of EMACS is the
ability to bind commands to whatever keys & meta-keys you want.

What's "TPU"?  I missed the earlier post.
--

	Joe Yao		hadron!jsdy@seismo.{CSS.GOV,ARPA,UUCP}
			jsdy@hadron.COM (not yet domainised)