[mod.computers.vax] VMS 4.4 problesm - PSI interface

$JCH@CLVM.BITNET.UUCP (08/01/86)

>From: David Wright <mcvax!stl!dww@seismo.CSS.GOV>
>Date: Wed, 30 Jul 86 00:01:55 GMT
>Subject: VMS 4.4 problems - PSI interface
>
>I've been warned that PSI doesn't work with VMS 4.4 either.   As use of the
>PSS (Packet Switched Service) is more important to us than VMS 4.4, we'll
>not be installing 4.4 on the machine with the PSI on it unless/until
>we're assured by other users or someone we trust in DEC that it WILL work.

The software support group informs me that PSI 3.2 will not work with
VMS 4.4 and there are no plans to make patches available so that it
will.  VMS 4.4 requires PSI 4.0 which is not yet available.  PSI 4.0
was supposedly going to be available several weeks ago but probably
will not actually be available until the end of August.  The hold up is
not the software, it is supposedly done, it is a some problem with
printing the manuals.

Jeff