[mod.computers.vax] VMS 4.4 and PSI

EARNADM@HTIKHT5.BITNET (Teun Nijssen; KHT-DRC) (08/05/86)

>Subj:  VMS 4.4 problems - PSI interface
>From: David Wright <mcvax!stl!dww@seismo.CSS.GOV>
>Date: Wed, 30 Jul 86 00:01:55 GMT
>
>I've been warned that PSI doesn't work with VMS 4.4 either.   As use of the
>PSS (Packet Switched Service) is more important to us than VMS 4.4, we'll
>not be installing 4.4 on the machine with the PSI on it unless/until
>we're assured by other users or someone we trust in DEC that it WILL work.

I am not sure what is meant here; I know (or at least have been told) that
VMS 4.4 requires PSI 4.0 instead of our current PSI 3.2
Do you mean this release-number problem or does VMS 4.4 introduce other
problems? Or is it specifically PSS related?

Do other people run PSI in multi-host and access modes on VMS4.4? Good stuff?

Teun Nijssen, Tilburg University, the Netherlands.