[mod.computers.vax] VAX Station II Questions

SHEN@GE-CRD.ARPA (SHEN HWA N) (09/04/86)

Date:  4-SEP-1986 09:48
From: shen
Sender: SHEN
Subject: VAX Station II Questions
To: info-vax@sri-kl.arpa@smtp@tcpgateway
Cc: shen
--------
I just joined this list and have some questions on the VAX Station II/GPX
we just received.

  1.  We have 3Com and DECNET networks, which will be bridged together with
      a DEC bridge.  The VAX Station will be connected to the DECNET.  Is
      there a way I can print files (text & graphics), using the Apple Laser
      on the 3Com network?  Since DEC supports PostScript, it seems like you
      should be able to.

  2.  Are there public domain graphics programs for VAX Station II that I can
      download?  I understand there is a DEC User Group (DECUS?).  How do I
      join?  Is there a central depository, where public domain files/programs
      can be FTPed?

  3.  The SIGHT.EXE graphics editor that came with VAX Station II installation
      tape looks very impressive.  Is the source available?

  4.  We will be installing KERMIT on the VAX Station for file trnasfers
      between our IBM PC's and VAX Station.  Are there other utilities
      people would recommend for software developers (not system managers).

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide!

Shen@GE-CRD.ARPA

--------