[mod.computers.vax] DECnet-DOS on an enhanced IBM PC/XT

MCDONALD@UMKCVAX1.BITNET (09/10/86)

  We plan on networking several micros around campus with DECnet.  One
of the machines, an enhanced PC/XT with the AT style keyboard blows
up imediately on running DIP, the installation program for DECnet-DOS.
        "Internal stack error" ... then starts into ROM BASIC !!!!

  Any seen similar problem??

                                        GaryM.  BITNET contact UMKCVAXn (n=1,3)
                                        Univ. of Mo. at K.C.
                                        MCDONALD @ UMKCVAX1 . BITNET

ZORN@HDETHD5.BITNET (09/22/86)

Subject:  RE: DECnet-DOS on an enhanced IBM PC/XT (5160-089)

>  We plan on networking several micros around campus with DECnet.  One
>of the machines, an enhanced PC/XT with the AT style keyboard blows
>up imediately on running DIP, the installation program for DECnet-DOS.
>        "Internal stack error" ... then starts into ROM BASIC !!!!
>
>  Any seen similar problem??
>
>                                        GaryM.  BITNET contact UMKCVAXn (n=1,3)
>                                        Univ. of Mo. at K.C.
>                                        MCDONALD @ UMKCVAX1 . BITNET

Yes, we have the same problem. It seems that IBM has done it again:
they made a new "standard". An IBM PC which is not IBM PC compatible!

Bart Zorn       (ZORN@HDETHD5.BITNET)
Delft University of Technology
Faculty of Electrical Engineering