[mod.computers.vax] UK addressing.

CHAA006%vaxb.rhbnc.ac.uk@Cs.Ucl.AC.UK (10/08/86)

[I apologise for sending this via INFO-VAX, but am unable to respond
 directly to Donald Pace, as the following error text will make clear]

Donald - sorry, I can't mail you directly - lll-mfe seems to be
corrupting the address I'm using (see below).
Hope this reaches you OK.  ** Phil.

There are seven Essex addresses, but all will be used in the same
format.  The addresses are

        Essex
        Essex.Com
        Essex.Ese
        Essex.Esgr
        Essex.Jan
        Essex.Kl10
        Essex.Kl11

If you substitute one of these for VAXA.RHBNC or VAXB.RHBNC in my ARPA address
(see below), you should be able to mail them without difficulty.  If you
still have no success, mail me, and I will forward for you.  ** Phil.

Philip Taylor (Royal Holloway and Bedford New College;  Univ. of London;  U.K)

Bitnet/NetNorth/Earn:   chaa006@vaxa.rhbnc.ac.uk (or) chaa006%rhbnc.vaxa@ac.uk
       (or)         :   chaa006@vaxb.rhbnc.ac.uk (or) chaa006%rhbnc.vaxb@ac.uk

       Arpa         :   chaa006%vaxa.rhbnc.ac.uk@ucl-cs.arpa
       (or)         :   chaa006%vaxb.rhbnc.ac.uk@ucl-cs.arpa

[Start of forwarded messages]

Date: Tue, 23 Sep 86 22:39 PDT
From: PostMaster@arpa.lll-mfe
Subject: Mail delivery failure
To: CHAA006 <CHAA006%uk.ac.rhbnc.vaxb@uk.ac.ucl.cs>
Sender: Orphanage@"[26.1.0.21]"

The following mail is being returned because the mail box
'PACE@CCC.MFENET' is unknown or ambiguous.

Date:           23-SEP-1986 17:39:05
From:           CHAA006%vaxb.rhbnc.ac.uk@Cs.Ucl.AC.UK
To:             PACE <@Cs.Ucl.AC.UK,@lll-mfe.arpa:PACE@fsu.mfenet>