[mod.computers.vax] Virtual Terminal Feature

herzlich@NGP.UTEXAS.EDU (Larry Herzlich) (10/25/86)

>From: JBS%DEEP-THOUGHT@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Jeff Siegal)
>Subject: Virtual Terminal featurn
>Date: 23 Oct 86 16:38:57 GMT

>Does anyone know how to activate/configure the virtual terminal
>feature in uVMS 4.2?  My documentation says that it must be "enabled
>or your system with the System Generation Utility (SYSGEN)".  My
>SYSGEN documenation makes no mention of it.

>Jeff Siegal

	You've probably received the answer by now from a hundred people
	but I thought I would send it to you anyway.

	In Systartup.com add the following:
		$ RUN SYS$SYSTEM:SYSGEN
		      CONNECT VTA0/NOADAPTOR/DRIVER=TTDRIVER
	This creates the template for the VTA terminals.  It's best
        documented in the large set of VMS docs in the System Manager's
        reference for VMS version 4.4, p 11-12.

---Larry Herzlich,
   User Services, University of Texas at Austin
   ..!seismo!ut-sally!ut-ngp!herzlich
     CC.LHerzlich@a20.cc.utexas.edu