[net.sf-lovers] James Schmitz: Telzey Amberdon

phil@rice.ARPA (08/28/85)

From: William LeFebvre <phil@rice.ARPA>

> Also did any of James Schmitz's stories on Telzy appear outside
> of Analog?

Certainly!  Two full novels:  "The Universe Against Her" and "The Lion
Game", and a book containing four short stories:  "The Telzey Toy".
Good reading, and an interesting perspective on psi powers.
Unfortunately, "The Universe Against Her" is out of print and I haven't
seen the others in book stores recently, so I suspect they are also out
of print.  Anyone know of any others?

			William LeFebvre
			Department of Computer Science
			Rice University
			<phil@Rice.arpa>
                        or, for the daring: <phil@Rice.edu>

Cate3.SV@Xerox.ARPA (08/28/85)

From: Cate3.SV@Xerox.ARPA

     The three books, "The Universe Against Her", "The Lion Game", and
"The Telzey Toy" are all short stories and novels from Analog 1961(?) to
1973.  (San Jose State University has Analog on microfilm from 1961 to
1978!!!)  Telzy was first introduced early in the 60's.  It was almost
five years later when James Schmitz started to write Telzy stories
again.  There were even a couple that appeared in Analog that I haven't
seen in any book.  Did James Schmitz write any stories on Telzy that
didn't appear in Analog?

     Henry III