[mod.computers.vax] Upgrading VAX Station II/GPX

SHEN@GE-CRD.ARPA.UUCP (12/13/86)

Date: 12-DEC-1986 13:16
From: shen
Sender: SHEN
Subject: Upgrading VAX Station II/GPX
To: info-vax@sri-kl.arpa@smtp@tcpgateway
--------
Has anyone upgraded a monochrome VAX Station to a color system?
According to our local sales office, there is no upgrade path.

We have a monochrome system in BA23 (small) box.  Any info would
be appreciated!

Shen@GE-CRD.arpa

--------

cetron%utah-ced@UTAH-CS.ARPA.UUCP (12/13/86)

last I heard, there were upgrade pathways from

1. microvax II to II/gpx color or monochrome
2. vaxstation II monochrome to II/gpx color or monochrome

I also thought that the difference between a color II/gpx and a monochrome
II/gpx was only the monitor...

NOTE: because you are in the ba23 small box, you can only have 4 planes of
memory due to backplane limitations....

-ed cetron
center for engineering design