[net.sf-lovers] Hawkwind and M. Moorcock

WATROUS@RED.RUTGERS.EDU (08/30/85)

From: Alan Greig <CCD-ARG%dct@ucl-cs.arpa>

From A.Cobley%UK.AC.DUNDEE@UCL-CS.ARPA (VIA Alan%DCT@UK.AC.DUNDEE@UCL-CS.ARPA)
                ---------------

Via: DDXA
From:        COBLEY     A (on DUNDEE DEC-10) <A.Cobley@DDXA>
Date:        Friday, 23-Aug-85 18:38:02-BST
To:          alan@dct
Subject:     more mail!!for the off

--------

Alan,

	send off the following if you like.

Here is the story of mike moorcock and hawkwind as i understand it.Mike was
taken to see Hawkwind in the early 70's (1970,71) by a friend,initially he
didnt want to go but throughly enjoyed himself once there, he is quoted
as saying something like the following:-
	"Id heard about these bands useing electronics before and wasnt
	 impressed, but hawkwind where the first lot who looked
	 at home with their instruments, like a bunch of vikings given
	 guitars and synthesizers and told to get on with it "
(this may not be entirely accurate but is the gist)

Hawkwind then went on to perform some of his poems on stage and one the
Space Ritual album.MM also appeared on the 1975 album "Warrior on the edge
of time" and on the 1981 album "Sonic attack", and MM has often appered
on stage with hawkwind.  MM did have his own group "The deep fix" which
 recorded an album in the middle 70's entitled"New worlds fair" BUT i think
its deleted now.  Members of hawkwind appeared on the deep fix album.
There was also a single by the deep fix
released in the early 80's on the flicknife label (at least in Britain)
and also to tracks on the "Hawkwind, friends and relations" album on the
the same label.  I've heard a strong rumour that Hawkwind and MM are working on
a album based on the ELRIC novels to be released (again in britain) in
October.  I think ive got it all but if ive missed anything send me a note.

ps Hello Dell

	a.cobley@dundee

--------
-------