[mod.computers.vax] Pascal to C converted

HELLER@cs.umass.edu (Stride 440 User) (01/08/87)

> From:        ZRGC002%DTUZDV5A.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU
> Is there a PASCAL to C converter somewhere out there in the free domain. We
> have a good C but no PASCAL.

I have a *simple* program (in C) which does much of the grunge work involved
in converting Pascal source to C source.  It does the context-dependent
editing needed (i.e. converts ":=" to "=" and "=" to "==", "BEGIN" to "{",
"END" to "}", "THEN" to "", "AND" to "&&", etc.).  You still have to add in
the "()" to parameterless functions, and re-hack the declaractions and I/O
calls ("WRITE" & "WRITELN" become "printf" and "READ" & "READLN" become
"scanf", but the arguments are left alone).

Short of writing a Pascal compiler (which generates C code instead of
machine code), this program probably does most of what you want.  I take it
this is a one-shot deal - that is you have some Pascal programs which you
need to get running and need to translate them to C.

Let me know if this program is usefull and I'll send it over the net (it is
not very large).

		Robert Heller
ARPANet:	Heller@UMass-CS.CSNET
BITNET:		Heller@UMass.BITNET
BIX:		Heller
GEnie:		RHeller
FidoNet:	101/27 (Dave's Fido, Gardner, MA)
CompuServe	71450,3432
Local PV VAXen:	COINS::HELLER
UCC Cyber/DG:	Heller@CS