[mod.computers.vax] ethernet packet type 6004

GKN@SDSC.ARPA.UUCP (01/26/87)

	From:	 ddp#@andrew.cmu.edu (Drew Daniel Perkins)
	To:	 tcp-ip@sri-nic.arpa
	Subject: ethernet packet type 6004
	Date:	 Sun, 25 Jan 87 13:02:37 est

	Does anyone know what an ethernet packet type 6004 is?  It must have
	something to do with DECnet, LAT, or DEC LAN bridges as far as I can tell.

	Drew

It's LAT.  Here's a list of the ethernet packet types I know about:

	90-00	Loopback assistance
	60-01	Dump/Load assistance (DECnet MOP)
	60-02	Remote console facility (NCP CONNECT VIA ...)
	60-03	DECnet
	60-04	LAT
	08-00	IP
	00-02	PUP
	08-04	Chaosnet
	08-06	ARP
	08-07	XNS
	80-38	DEC LanBridge-100

The ones DEC uses (except for 80-38) are documented on page 6-5 of the
VAX/VMS I/O User's Reference Manual: Part II.  You'll also find a list
of the multicast addresses DECnet and friends use, too.  LAT and LanBridge-100s
also use multicasts, but I've not got a list of the addresses handy.

gkn
Arpa:	GKN@SDSC.ARPA
Bitnet:	GKN@SDSC
Span:	SDSC::GKN (5.600)