[net.sf-lovers] Contacting writers

CAIN@SRI-AI.ARPA (08/30/85)

From: Ron Cain <CAIN@SRI-AI.ARPA>

	I believe the preferred method of contacting a writer is through
the publisher.  Address the letter to the publisher and request that it
be forwarded to the author.  Publishers seem to be pretty reliable about
getting the things through to the writer in a short time.

	But for those who already know how to contact a writer (in this
example McCaffrey), I would plead on their behalf that the information
stay off the net.  There is a good reason for letting the publisher serve
as an indirect address.

							... ron cain
-------

brust@hyper.UUCP (Steven Brust) (09/03/85)

> From: Ron Cain <CAIN@SRI-AI.ARPA>
>
> 	I believe the preferred method of contacting a writer is through
> the publisher.  Address the letter to the publisher and request that it
> be forwarded to the author.  Publishers seem to be pretty reliable about
> getting the things through to the writer in a short time.
>

> 							... ron cain
> -------

Indeed?  I am just now (late August/early Septemeber)
getting letters sent to Berkely and postmarked May.  I'm
told that most Publishers are worse.  It may be that
writing a to the editor and explaining why the enclosed
envelope should be forwarded quickly will help.  It may
not.

			-- SKZB