[mod.computers.vax] DVI2PS drivers

cel@CITHEX.CALTECH.EDU.UUCP (01/27/87)

This appeared in the "TeXhax" arpa mailing list, and (somewhat) answers
the questions that have appeared about DVI->PostScript conversion programs.
There is another "public" program floating around, known as dvi2ps, which
is really set up for Unix type systems, and hacked versions of it for VMS.
I suspect that the programs mentioned below (Dr. Beebe is on the revision
list for dvi2ps too...) are lineal descendants of dvi2ps, and probably
less buggy.

I haven't sent off for these yet, so I can't claim to know how good they
are, or provide FTP's.  To keep Dr. Beebe from being deluged it may be
a good idea to pool some of the requests....

                ---Chuck Lane    cel@cithex.Caltech.Edu
                                    @cithex.bitnet
                                    @cit-hex.arpa
                                    818/356-6779