[net.sf-lovers] Just in case you don't already have this...

rlk@ATHENA.MIT.EDU (09/04/85)

From: rlk@ATHENA.MIT.EDU

To: watchmakers@mit-priam
Subject: Oh well, looks like I don't have to go to the Air Force after all...
Date: 03 Sep 85 15:12:05 EDT (Tue)
From: wjmadden@mit-priam

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Tue, 3 Sep 85 14:16:21 edt
From: Stewart M. Clamen <smc@mit-vax>
To: menagerie@ee, ded@oz, daalcoce@athena
To: lim@oz, ayermish@athena, pest@athena
Subject: end of the universe predicitions: D. Adams

From: nyssa@abnji.UUCP (nyssa of traken)
Newsgroups: net.tv.drwho,net.sf-lovers,net.singles,net.misc
Subject: The End of the World, Thursday 5ZSeptember, 1985!
Date: 2 Sep 85 13:37:02 GMT

Well, the bad news is that all signs point to the arrival of the
Vogon constructor fleets this Thursday, to wit:

In Life, the Universe, and Everything, Douglas Adams forcast the
destruction of earth to occur the Thursday following a victory by
England in the test series for the Ashes against Australia in the
decade of the 1980's in England.

To-day the English look pretty much assured of a major victory
(upset) against the Australians in the last test at the Oval.  It may
already be over as I am typing this.  Furthermore, the Australians
do not return for a test series for the Ashes to England until 1990.

The actual destruction wioll taken place on the Thursday following the
Test at noon BST, 7AM on the East Coast (I will be driving to work, my
car stereo ought to be fixed by then, so I should hear the notice
clearly!).

So long folks, it looks like this is it.

PS A sofa did appear and disappear to-day at the Oval, interrupting
play.

I guess NJN won't be showing Hartnell, Troughton, & Colin Baker after
all.
- --
James C. Armstrong, Jnr.	{ihnp4,cbosgd,akgua}!abnji!nyssa

Maybe they'll want one of your women to experiment on, perhaps
I shall take this one to them!

- -who said it, what story?  (Get the reply to me by Thursday!)

------- End of Forwarded Message