[mod.computers.vax] Spelling.....uh !

ANK@CUNYVMS1.BITNET.UUCP (02/21/87)

>From:         "Robert L. Mutel" <RLM%IOWA.IOWA@IAGO.CALTECH.EDU>
>Sorry to be pedantic, but may I respectfully suggest that contributors to
>this bulletin board take care with spelling. There have been a number of
>words repeatedly misspelled in recent missives, viz:
>
>                PRIVILEGE (not privelege)
>                SEPARATE  (not seperate)
>                QUERY     (not querry)

And also these COLOR (not COLOUR) CENTER (not Centre) ...............
..........................................................O.K. folks
out there from U.K., Australia, New Zealand, etc. Rush to your nearest
bookstore and buy the latest edition of American Heritage Dictionary,
open the pages and convert all of the doubtful ones to you know what..
before you ^Z the mail to the network. Otherwise Uncle Bob will
pronounce you (-) and FOO your however valuable *info*.

I better throw my Oxford and get A.H.D before hell breaks loose.
Or better still may the protectors-of-the-spelling-purity donate
or provide the *official* Real-time speller.

                                        Anil Khullar
                                {Ph.D. Program in Psychology
                                ank%cunyvms1.BITNET@wiscvm.edu}