[mod.computers.vax] Console Port on Microvax2

km@EMORY.ARPA (Ken Mandelberg) (03/18/87)

I was hoping to use the console port on a MicrovaxII
with a port selector. The port selector needs DTR/DCD
to operate properly to work reasonably. (DTR should be
up when the port is available and toggle when the Vax
drops a session, the Vax should wait for DCD before taking
input from the port).

We use 4.3BSD on the microvax, but I am really asking about
the Vax hardware/firmware, not the OS software. Does the
hardware/firmware have the ability to properly deal with
DTR/DCD? I can see from the source to the BSD and Ultrix
drivers that there is no such support in the driver. Unlike
the drivers for the terminal multiplexors, the console
driver seems to punt and just issue some native Vax instructions
and let the hardware/firmware do the work.

Please reply with any info by mail. Thanks

km@EMORY.ARPA (Ken Mandelberg) (03/19/87)

Newsgroups: mod.computers.vax