[mod.computers.vax] newsletter format

oberman%icaen.DECnet@LLL-ICDC.ARPA.UUCP (03/12/87)

>I definately perfer the new info-vax format, I hope it is not to much
>work. the summaries are great"!!!

The digest format is less than great for me. I'm not fond of the long messages
and I feel it greatly cuts the interactivity of INFO-VAX.

						R. Kevin Oberman
						LLNL
						arpa: oberman@lll-icdc.arpa
						(415) 422-6955
------

hamm@BIOVAX.RUTGERS.EDU.UUCP (03/19/87)

>  Love those digests!  Can't we keep them, please?  Let the folks reading
>from 'vanilla' VMS Mail suffer!
>
>  --Lisa

This hardly seems charitable.  A mailing list like INFO-VAX is supposed to
embody some sort of community spirit, after all.  Let the folks who **aren't**
reading from 'vanilla' VMS Mail tell the rest of us what they use;  better, let
them develop and contribute something in the public domain to do the job
uniformly for all of us.

If something like this were available, I'd vote for the digest format, too.
(How about some TPU code that 'bursts' the messages when you say
"current/edit"?)  Without such facility, suffering is indeed what the digest
format inflicts.

Greg Hamm
Rutgers Molecular Biology Computing Lab

hamm@biovax.bitnet