[net.sf-lovers] Ender's Game

grady@ucbmiro.ARPA (Steven Grady) (09/01/85)

Does anyone have thoughts about Orson Scott Card's new book, a novel
length version of "Ender's Game"?  I saw it in a bookstore..

	Steven
(.signature?!?  We don't need no steenking .signature!!)

crm@duke.UUCP (Charlie Martin) (09/03/85)

In article <118@ucbmiro.ARPA> grady@ucbmiro.UUCP (Steven Grady) writes:
>Does anyone have thoughts about Orson Scott Card's new book, a novel
>length version of "Ender's Game"?  I saw it in a bookstore..
It's wonderful.  Bloody well *wonderful*.  And I liked it a whole bunch,
besides.
--

			Charlie Martin
			(...mcnc!duke!crm)

showard@udenva.UUCP (showard) (09/12/85)

> Does anyone have thoughts about Orson Scott Card's new book, a novel
> length version of "Ender's Game"?  I saw it in a bookstore..
>
> 	Steven
> (.signature?!?  We don't need no steenking .signature!!)

   I read the novel, not having read the short story.  It seemed fairly obvious
what additions had been made and my roommate confirmed my suspicions.  There is
a great deal of information about Ender's early training, from his kindergarten
level military academy to the elite training school at the end.  Also, there is
a totally unnecessary subplot concerning Ender's brother and sister and a com-
puter news network.  If you really, really liked the short story, pick up the
novel at your nearest library.  If you've never read either one, go for the
short story.

--Mr. Blore, the DJ who would not die
-- udenva!showard