[mod.computers.vax] VMS Mail Grouchiness

TBLAKE@BINGVAXA.BITNET.UUCP (03/25/87)

>>>This attitude makes me angry.  Very angry.
>>
>>Oh come on.  Seems pretty clear to me the message was tounge in check.  You
>>should be angry at DEC for not providing better mail facilities with
>>``vanilla'' VMS.  Maybe if enough people complain, we can junk VMS Mail.
>>
>I don't know about the rest of you, but I am reading this out of a non-DEC-
>written BULLETIN utility, and it works well for me...

>Have fun and see yuh...
>  --Curtis R. Anderson
>  State University of New York at Buffalo

Yeah,

        You folks have a lot of non-standard stuff don't you.  One of your
students came to our campus and couldn't do anything, because what he thought
was VMS was all .COMs and such that you folks had on your systems.  (Actually
he was a fairly knowledgable consultant, and knew they were .COMs, but he
didn't know the way to do things in honest-to-DEC VMS).  This me impresses
me as a dis-service to your students.  Each and every one will put on their
Resumes they know VMS, and they really won't.

TBLAKE@BINGVAXB.BITNET                          Thomas R. Blake
TBLAKE@suny-bing.CSNET                          Academic Support
                                                SUNY Computer Center
                                                Binghamton, NY  13901

PKARP@SRI-IU.ARPA.UUCP (03/27/87)

I for one find all of the messages below, plus all the other recent
messages on this topic, a real waste of my time, and I wish people
would stop broadcasting this crap to the hundreds (thousands?) of people
on this mailing list.  The volume on this list is heavy enough without
adding all this drivel.

Peter

Date:     Wed, 25 Mar 87 14:17 EST
From:     Thomas_R._Blake <TBLAKE%BINGVAXA.BITNET@wiscvm.wisc.edu>