[net.sf-lovers] More Books by Glen Cook ...

ZEVE@RED.RUTGERS.EDU (09/12/85)

From: Steven J. Zeve <ZEVE@RED.RUTGERS.EDU>

According to Glen Cook, the second volume of the Silth War trilogy is
due out sometime this month and the third one is due out in January.

He also claims that he has sold two more Dread Empire books, but that
they do not have release dates yet.  I don't know why, but I have the
feeling that the books are not written yet.

	Steve Z.

P.S. Would you believe he only writes 1000 words a day?  And he works
9 hours a day, 6 days a week on an assembly line?  This is what he
claimed on a panel at the NASFIC in Austin.  (When asked why he worked
on the assembly line he replied that he needed the money.)  He is
bbcoming a slightly better speaker on panels it seemed to me.
-------

jimb@ISM780B.UUCP (09/13/85)

>P.S. Would you believe he only writes 1000 words a day?  And he works
>9 hours a day, 6 days a week on an assembly line?  This is what he
>claimed on a panel at the NASFIC in Austin.  (When asked why he worked
>on the assembly line he replied that he needed the money.)  He is
>bbcoming a slightly better speaker on panels it seemed to me.

1,000 words per day of consistent production is pretty damn good.  That's the
first draft of a typical novel in 2-3 months.  Obviously, the operative word
is consistent.

Getting out 20,000 words per month is good for almost anybody except Asimov.

And finding some means of "buying" time to work on fiction is a problem for
most writers not to the manor (or manna) born.

      -- from the bewildered musings of Jim Brunet

		  decvax!cca!ima!jimb

		  ucbvax!ucla-cs!ism780!jimb

		  ihnp4!vortex!ism780!jimb