[mod.computers.ibm-pc] Info-IBMPC Digest V5 #58

Info-IBMPC@USC-ISIB.ARPA.UUCP (06/06/86)

Info-IBMPC Digest      Friday, June 6, 1986      Volume 5 : Issue 58

This Week's Editor:  Eliot Moore <Elmo@USC-ISIB>

Today's Topics:
         Accessing the Info-IBMPC program library via BITNET
                    Adaptek turns 20 megs into 30
                RE: Microsoft C and Environment Space
                           Lattice Service
                     Toshiba Drivers for Lotus 1A
         Quick reference list to SIMTEL20's MSDOS directories
                                Davong
                            WordStar Query
      Query: who makes SCSI interface boards for PC WORM drives
                     Looking for Library Software
             Help needed with Digital Research MT Pascal
                      Protected-mode DOS problem
                  Terminal Emulator Wanted for XENIX
              Fonts for the Corona LBP-CX Laser Printer
                             MS-DOS SHELL
                          IBM-PC screen size
                           PIBTERM eats FF
                     X.25/X.PC Public Domain Code
                          Hard Disk Problems
                    nroff and typesetting on MSDOS
                    Textsystem for 132 column mode
                       Cross-Development System
                           EGA + Sperry PC
                   NEC and SONY Multisynch Monitors
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 86 18:2 EGA + Sperry PC6:07 CDT
From: CCRJW%UMCVMB.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU  (Richard Winkel UMC)
To: GILLMANN@USC-ISIB.ARPA
Subject: Accessing the Info-IBMPC program library via BITNET
ReSent-Date:  5 Jun 1986 09:41:49 PDT
ReSent-From: Richard Gillmann <GILLMANN@USC-ISIB.ARPA>
ReSent-To: info-IBMPC@USC-ISIB.ARPA

A separate copy of the program library is being maintained on
CCUC@UMCVMB.BITNET.  This is a mail-based server machine; no
interactive messages are accepted.  CCUC comes up once a day, at 6am
local time, to process library requests.  Any requested files will be
sent to you at that time.  Please don't re-send requests!  This will
only tie up the net.

To request a program or a set of programs, send CCUC a file named
PC-LIB REQ containing the filespecs of each file you want, one per
line.  No wildchars are allowed.  Both IBM-CMS and IBM-PC type
filespecs are allowed. (i.e. both 'COM_PKG1.ASM' and 'COM_PKG1 ASM'
are recognized) Each line is assumed to contain a filespec, so please
don't send mail or NOTE type files!

A CMS example:
To request ABOMB.BAS and COM_PKG1.ASM, do the following:
In CMS ready mode, type:
XEDIT PC-LIB REQ
Input the following two lines:
ABOMB.BAS
COM_PKG1.ASM
Save the file, and in CMS ready mode, type:
SENDFILE PC-LIB REQ TO CCUC AT UMCVMB

An up to date, commented list of the Info-IBMPC library files is contained in
the file PROGRAM- LIS.  A CMS style file list, which includes other available
files and time/date stamps, is in CCUC FILELIST.

Like other functions of the Info-IBMPC interest group, this is a volunteer
effort. Please don't abuse it!

Questions, complaints and suggestions regarding CCUC can be sent to CCUC
(use a filename other than PC-LIB REQ), which will forward them to the CCUC
operator.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 1 Jun 86 13:08:56 PDT
From: Ya'akov_Miles%UBC.MAILNET@MIT-MULTICS.ARPA
To: info-ibmpc@USC-ISIB.ARPA
Subject: Adaptek turns 20 megs into 30

Having heard rumours of a miracle hard disk controller that
changed 20 megabyte winchesters into 30 megabyte winchesters,
I finally tracked down and bought an Adaptek ACB-2070A controller.
This controller uses RLL (Run-length-limited) encoding, as
opposed to MFM encoding which was employed by my old CMS controller
My observations on the Adaptek ACB-2070A are as follows

 (1) My Seagate ST-225 now has 32 megabytes of formatted capacity
     instead of 20 megabytes with the CMS controller.

 (2) My Seagate ST-225 now seems to load programs 1.5 times as fast
     Maybe it is bceause there are now 25 sectors/cylinder with RLL
     as opposed to 17 sectors/cylinder with MFM.

 (3) The Adaptek ACB-2070A controller handles up to two hard disks
     of different sizes.  It allows the creation of multiple logical
     disks out of one physical disk (but only if you want to do it)

 (4) No special diskettes were necessary.  The format program is
     resident in EPROM, and is conversational.  Very thorough error
     checking (retries inhibited) is performed.  My year-old Seagate
     had no errors, even though it had been operated sideways, etc.

 (5) The manual supplied with the Adaptek controller was excellent
     It was a big improvement over the inaccurate, incomplete,
     misleading document that CMS supplied on cheap newsprint...

------------------------------

Subject: RE: Microsoft C and Environment Space
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 86 14:55:34 -0700
From: Randy <randy@uw-bluechip.arpa>

A week ago I posted a query about Microsoft C and the environment space.
After some experimentation, talking with Microsoft technical support,
and getting some replies from PC experts, I can offer a little bit
of insight.

The problem is the compiler's "argument list for p0.exe too big"
error message. The manual states that the command line may not exceed
128 bytes.

What the manual fails to make clear is that the argument list passed
off to p0.exe is not just the command line you give it, but an
expanded command line that incorporates data from your
INCLUDE and LIB environment variables (and perhaps from a few others).
For example, each separate path in your INCLUDE variable gets passed
to p0.exe as "-I <path>". So it's this expanded command line that
is limited to 128 bytes.  Say goodbye to lots of different include
directories...

The technical staff at Microsoft were clearly familiar with this problem,
so we'll hope it's fixed in the next release.

Thanks to those who replied.

Randy Day.
UUCP: {decvax|ihnp4}!uw-beaver!uw-june!randy
ARPA: randy@washington
CSNET: randy%washington@csnet-relay

------------------------------

Date: Tuesday, 3 June 1986 12:04:34 EDT
From: Joe.Newcomer@sei.cmu.edu
To: info-ibmpc@usc-isib.arpa
Subject: Lattice Service

Well, I just had a pleasant experience with Lattice.  I received a new
Lattice C 3.0 compiler, along with several Lattice libraries.  Due to being
away for over a month, I didn't complete the installation; I installed the
various libraries but the the compiler itself.

When I got back, I went to install the compiler, and the second disk was
unreadable.  I had carefully backed up my C area, so I simply restored the
old 2.14 compiler.  Alas, I'd forgotten about the libraries.  They weren't
compatible.

I was stuck with having to restore the really old area, then have to
reinstall all the libraries, or get a new compiler in a hurry.  I called
Lattice, arranged to Federal Express the old compiler out, arranged to
have them send back a new compiler via FedEx (I paid both ways).  The
damaged compiler went out 6pm Tuesday and the new compiler arrived 10am
Thursday.  No dawdling there!  I am pleased and impressed.

				joe

------------------------------

Date:    Mon, 02 Jun 86 00:58 EST
To:  maarten@wharton-10.arpa
From:  GKN3M2%IRISHMVS.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU
Subject: Toshiba Drivers for Lotus 1A
CC:  info-ibmpc@usc-isib.arpa

A driver for the Toshiba 1340 is available in an expanded
Lotus 1A driver library.  You may find this file on
my favorite BBS, Radtel, in South Bend, Indiana.  The
phone # is 219-277-9103.  Download the file LOTUSDLB.ARC
and extract the files using ARC512.EXE.  You will find a driver
for the Toshiba 1350 which I know definitely works on a 1340.
    Evan Bauman
    University of Notre Dame
    GKN3M2%IRISHMVS.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1986  22:20 MDT
Sender: KPETERSEN@SIMTEL20.ARPA
From: Keith Petersen <W8SDZ@SIMTEL20.ARPA>
To:   INFO-HZ100@RADC-TOPS20.ARPA, INFO-IBMPC@USC-ISIB.ARPA
Subject: Quick reference list to SIMTEL20's MSDOS directories

Quick reference list to SIMTEL20's PD:<MSDOS.x> directories
as of June 3, 1986 (where 'x' is one of the names below):

ARC-LBR         DIR-UTIL     KEYBOARD       PRINTER-UTIL  TEXT-EDITOR
ASM-UTIL        DISK-UTIL    LISP-LANGUAGE  SCREEN        TVX-EDITOR
C-LANGUAGE      FILE-UTIL    MICRO-EMACS    SQ-USQ        TXT-UTIL
DESK-ACCESSORY  HAM-RADIO    MODEM-UTIL     SYSTEM-UTIL   VOICE-SYNTH

For a complete list of all files, get PD:<MSDOS>MSDOS.CRCLST

--Keith

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 3 Jun 86 17:52:03 edt
From: m15126%mwvm@mitre.ARPA
To: info-ibmpc@usc-isib.arpa
Subject: Davong

 To: DAVISON@SUMEX-AIM.ARPA
 From: m15126%mwvm@mitre.ARPA <Burgess Allison>
 Subject: Re: Where is Davong?

 Chapter 11, I think.  Maybe it was Chapter 7.
 Whatever Chapter they used, the last place I heard they were
 was Federal Bankruptcy Court.

 "Where have all the hard disks gone?"
                            --Peter, Paul and Mary, 1986

 Cc: INFO-IBMPC@USC-ISIB.ARPA

------------------------------

Date: Mon 2 Jun 86 12:27:12-PDT
From: Jackie <Burhans%ECLD@USC-ECLC.ARPA>
Subject: WordStar Query
To: info-ibmpc@USC-ISIB.ARPA

Years ago, there was a commercial program for CP/M computers that
checked a WordStar file for the correct number of toggle commands, such
as underline or boldface.  Does anyone know of a public domain program
under MS-DOS/PC-DOS that does this?

Thanks in advance.
-------

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 5 Jun 86 10:35:16 edt
From: "Michael W. Herman" <mwherman%watcgl.waterloo.edu@CSNET-RELAY.ARPA>
To: info-ibmpc@USC-ISIB.ARPA
Subject: Query: who makes SCSI interface boards for PC WORM drives

Specifically, I want to hook up an optical disk to a PC.
I'm not that interested in MS-DOS file system emulation
but more or less interested in a vanilla driver and interface
card.

------------------------------

Date:     Thu,  5 Jun 86  14:35:48 EDT
From:  SAROFF%UMass.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU
Subject:  Looking for Library Software
To:  INFO-IBMPC@USC-ISIB.ARPA

Hi,
    The University of Massachusetts Science Fiction Society has a library
with over 3000 books in it.  We are currently using a paper-and-3x5-card
system to handle the books.
    A number of people, myself included, have decided to investigate the
possibility of computerizing the library, card catalogue, and membership
roster.  What sort of software is available to do this.
    The requirements for the software follow:
1) It must be able to interface with a bar-code reader or some other
similar system (Minimizes Human Error In check-ins/check-outs).

2) It must prevent a person with books or fines outstanding from checking
out books.

3) It must be able to maintain an up to date membership roster.

4) It must be able to function as a card catalogue.

5) It must distinguish between hard and soft bound books.

6) It must be able to handle "doubles". (Books that have two novels, generally
by two different authors, that are bound together.)

7) Must be reasonably "idiot proof" to use.

8) The budgetary constraints limit us to: A micro-computer, a bar code reader,
and a hard disc.

   U.M.S.F.S. does not currently have a micro, so any software wource is fine
we will select the system based on the library software.

                         Matthew Saroff

BITNET:SAROFF@UMASS
ARPANET:SAROFF%UMASS.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU

------------------------------

Date:  Fri, 6 Jun 86 02:40 EDT
From:  Paul Schauble <Schauble@MIT-MULTICS.ARPA>
Subject:  Help needed with Digital Research MT Pascal
To:  Info-Pascal@BRL.ARPA, Info-IBMPC@USC-ISIB.ARPA

I've been handed a program written in Digital Research MT Pascal and
need to get it working.  It uses overlays, Access Manager, and Display
Manager.  DR has effectively disowned the product and is no longer
providing support.

My immediate problem is this:  The instructions I have for compilation
say that one must strip symbols from the overlays before execution.  The
distribution disks contain a program STRIP.  Unfortunatly, the only
mention of this in the documentation is in the catalog of files on the
diskettes.  Can someone tell me how to run this??

Longer term, because of DR's non-support, this program will have to be
moved to a different compiler.  What would you suggest and why?  I have
used Microsoft Pascal, but I don't think it implements exactly the same
language.  I would greatly appreciate hearing from anyone who has done
this type of conversion.  Are reasonable equivalents for Access Manager
and Display Manager available?

Please mail directly to me.  I doubt that there are very many others out
there with this problem...

          Thanks in advance,
          Paul
          Schauble at MIT-Multics.ARPA

------------------------------

Date:     Sun, 1 Jun 86 17:11:26 PDT
From:     kegel@Romeo.Caltech.Edu (Dan R. Kegel)
Subject:  Protected-mode DOS problem
To:       info-ibmpc@usc-isib.arpa

Protected-mode DOS device driver query:

Microsoft is promising a protected-mode MS-DOS for sometime next year.
This should give system programmers reason to pause, because:

0. Any program that does segment arithmetic will not work.  (However,
   the memory allocation calls have been around since DOS 2.0, and
   people ought to be using them by now.)
1. .COM programs are out; only .EXE programs will be allowed.
2. ROM BIOS is not written to function in protected mode; the new DOS will
   perforce contain some sort of replacement for ALL of BIOS.
   Any programs which rely on anything but strictly kosher use of BIOS
   will probably not work.
3. The I/O space may be protected; thus, programs which use IN or OUT
   instructions may not work.
4. Code segments will be read-only; thus programs which store information
   in the code segment will not work.
5. Access to memory outside of each program's allocation block is disallowed
   by the protection mechanism.  Areas which are commonly accessed include
	i.   the interrupt table (0:0000 to 0:0100)
	ii.  BIOS variables (40:0 to 40:?)
	iii. the screen (a000:0, a800:0, b000:0, b800:0)
	iv.  BIOS code (e.g. the 5x7 font table) (F000:0...)
	v.   memory-mapped peripherals (sector buffers, etc)
   The interrupt table can be accessed thru DOS calls, and BIOS code itself
   should never be accessed directly; so i. and iv. are not real concerns.
   However, it looks like programs which try to access BIOS variables or
   screen memory will not work!
6. Device drivers almost always use I/O instructions, store data in their
   code segment, and access memory outside their allocation block.
   Thus device drivers written for DOS 2 & 3 might not work at all under the
   new DOS!

New programs can avoid these problems by relying upon DOS for all their needs-
unless they require graphics, in which case only MS-Windows programs are
safe.  Your favorite device driver, however, is in deep trouble, with
no escape route seen.
Will knowledgable people please comment on the future of device drivers
and the validity of the above restrictions?
If replies are sent to me, I will post a summary to the net before 6/25.

Daniel Kegel
USMAIL: 1-60 Caltech, Pasadena, California 91126, USA (to June '86)
ARPA:	kegel@juliet.caltech.edu  (or kegel%juliet@hamlet.caltech.edu)
UUCP:	{seismo!} hamlet.caltech.edu!kegel%juliet.caltech.edu {@seismo.css.gov}
BITNET: kegel%juliet@caltech.bitnet

------------------------------

Date:     Mon, 2 Jun 86 10:58:06 PDT
From:     jwf@CitHex.Caltech.Edu (John Flower)
Subject:  Terminal Emulator Wanted for XENIX
To:       info-ibmpc@usc-isib.arpa

I'm looking for terminal emulators to run under XENIX. In particular I'd
like to find graphical stuff (Tektronix 4105 or 4107 would be ideal).

If anyone can help me I'd appreciate a reply at

jwf@caltech.cithex.edu

Thanks,
	Jon Flower   (818)-356-6695

------------------------------

Date: Tue Jun  3 17:27:57 GMT+1:00 1986
From: mcvax!lasso!ralph@seismo.CSS.GOV	(Ralph Sobek)
To: mcvax!laser-lovers@seismo.CSS.GOV, Info-IBMPC@usc-isib.ARPA
Subject: Fonts for the Corona LBP-CX Laser Printer

We are looking for fonts (public-domain and/or commercial) for the Corona
version of the Canon LBP-CX print engine.  It is connected to our IBM-PC
through its own card interface.  What would also be of interest would be
programs for the IBM-PC to convert other font formats to the Corona
format; we have a VAX under Ultrix 1.1 (4.2 BSD) which contains a
number of fonts.  Please reply to me directly.  Thank you.

	Ralph P. Sobek

UUCP:	mcvax!inria!lasso!ralph
ARPA:	sobek@ucbernie.Berkeley.EDU	(automatic forwarding)

------------------------------

Date:     Tue, 3 Jun 86 16:52 EST
From:        <ERIC%UOFT02.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU>
Subject:  MS-DOS SHELL
To:  info-IBMPC@usc-isib.arpa

- Improved MSDOS -

Has anyone out there typed in the MSDOS shell that appeared in the
January 1986 issue of Dr. Dobbs Journal? The program appears to have
a lot of useful additions to MSDOS but the listing is quite long, I
will eventually get around to typing it in but if someone already has.

                                Alan    {cscon102@uoft02}

------------------------------

Date:         Tue, 3 Jun 1986 01:11 EST
From:           Brian Blau  <BLAU%UCF1VM.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU>
Subject:      IBM-PC screen size
To:  <INFO-IBMPC@USC-ISIB.ARPA>

Is is possible to reset the screen so that only a small window is
accessable to DOS? If so do we do this by setting something inside
DOS or do we have to program the video controller? ( we do not want
scrunched characters , just to restrain the number of vertical and
horizontal lines in on the screen )

We do not want to use TURBO Pascal's Window function, this information
will be used for C functions.

Also any information concerning programming the video controller
would be helpful.

        Thanks for the help,

           Brian Blau and Earl Baugh
           <BLAU%UCF1VM.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU> and
           <BAUGH%UCF1VM.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU>
Acknowledge-To:  <BLAU@UCF1VM>

------------------------------

Date:     Wed, 4 Jun 86 09:28 N
From:        <INNO%HWALHW5.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU>
Subject:  PIBTERM eats FF
To:  INFO-IBMPC@USC-ISIB.ARPA

Hi folks,

I have a very urgent question !
I'm using PIBTERM and via a second serial interface on my PC
I am trying to get things right from our VAX to a serial interface
letter-quality printer.
So far so good; with MODE to set the second serial interface my
VAX text is printed.
But PIBTERM seems to eat the formfeeds.
Other packages (that have other more serious problems) did not
eat them.
I hope someone can help me as soon as possible, because our secretary
is desperate.

                                                Inno Frencken
                                                Computing Centre
                                                Agricultural University
                                                Hollandseweg 1
                                                6706 KN  Wageningen
                                                The Netherlands
                                                phone: 08370-83875
                                                EARN-id: INNO
                                                EARN-node: HWALHW5

------------------------------

Date: 4 Jun 1986 03:48-EDT
Subject: X.25/X.PC Public Domain Code
From: ABN.ISCAMS@USC-ISID.ARPA
To: info-ibmpc@USC-ISIB.ARPA

Has anyone produced any public domain code (assembler or Pascal) to
implement either of these comm protocols?

If so, could you point me to an accessible source (e.g., anonymous FTP
or someone to call/US Snail)?

I have an implementation in Z80 code, but haven't the heart to recode
plus figure the hardware conversions (Z80IO, Big Board, etc.).

Thanks in advance,
David Kirschbaum
Toad Hall
ABN.ISCAMS@USC-ISID.ARPA

------------------------------

Date: Thursday,  5 Jun 1986 20:40:28-PDT
From: shapiro%newvax.DEC@decwrl.DEC.COM
To: Info-IBMPC@USC-ISIB.ARPA, shapiro%newvax.DEC@decwrl.DEC.COM
Subject: Hard Disk Problems

I have a Seagate 20Mb hard disk, and Western Digital controller on my PC-2.  I
bought it 9 months ago from PC Limited in Austin TX. I've been very pleased
with it until a couple of days ago, when I tried to boot and repeatedly got
error 1701, hard disk failure. The red light kept blinking continously but
the drive refused to respond.

I called PC limited, and they claim that there's a problem with drives over a
certain size (16 mb, I think) when using DOS 2.0 or 2.1 (I'm running 2.0).
They claim that the FAT or something else eventually gets clobbered, and the
only thing to do is a low level reformat with debug, and then use FDISK
and FORMAT to reformat. (They also say it's possible this won't do the
trick, in which case further investigation, and more likely a hardware
repair will be needed. Luckily it's still under warranty).

Anyone else experience or hear of this?  Are they pulling my leg or what?

I'm slightly desperate because I did not back up.  There was no critical
data, but lots of neat PD stuff that I never copied to floppies.
If there's any way I can fix this without clobbering my data, I'd
love to hear about it before I do the reformat.

Incidentally, I have (or had) a single 10 MB DOS partition, of which about
7 MB was used up.

Thanks for the help

------------------------------

Date: Tue May 20 17:55:11 1986
From: Herm Fischer <hermix!fischer@rand-unix.ARPA>
To: info-ibmpc@isib.arpa
Subject: nroff and typesetting on MSDOS
Date: Tue May 20 11:52:23 1986

I am searching for nroff and associated utilities for msdos.

I got one flyer from the ELAN computer group, (415) 948-8193, which
advertises for $295 DOS (yes, DOS, not Xenix) versions of nroff (for
laserjet), ditroff, pic, eqn, neqn, tbl, checkmm, mm, mv, man mptx...

For xenix the price is $395.

I have never used their products and do not know anybody who has.

  Herm Fischer
  arpa HFischer@ada20
  uucp ihnp4!hermix!fischer

------------------------------

Date:     Wed,  4 Jun 86 19:58:19 +0200 (Central European Summertime)
From:  XBR1YD2F%DDATHD21.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU  (Ralf Eberhardt)
Subject:  Textsystem for 132 column mode
To:  info-ibmpc@USC-ISIB.ARPA

Hello,

we use the Graphics Solution Card from ATI Technologies in an IBM PC
AT.  This card enables us to change from 80 columns to 132 column
mode. Now we'd like to know if there exists a text processing system
that supports this feature.  ATI provided a patch for WordStar so that
it runs in this mode, but the result is not so satisfying.  The
Professional-Editor from IBM does not work, because it relies on 80
column screen an gets mixed up with 132 columns.

If anybody knows about text-software that gives full support to 132 columns,
please reply to this list or directly to XBR1YD2F@DDATHD21 (Bitnet).
Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ralf Eberhardt
Technische Hochschule Darmstadt
West Germany
XBR1YD2F@DDATHD21

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 5 Jun 86 21:16:19 EST
From: munnari!cidam.oz!mg@seismo.CSS.GOV (Mike A. Gigante)
To: munnari!info-ibmpc@usc-isib.arpa
Subject: Cross-Development System
Cc: mg@seismo.CSS.GOV

Hi,

I heard (or read) somewhere that there is a cross-development system
for the 808[68] which runs under Unix (tm). (from MIT?)

Is there such a beast?  How is it distributed?

thanks in advance for any help,

Mike
-----------
		Michael Gigante [Research Engineer]
UUCP :...!seismo!munnari!cidam.oz!mg    Dept Mechanical & Production Eng.
ARPA :mg%cidam.oz@seismo.css.gov        Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology
CSNET:mg%cidam@munnari.oz 	 	GPO Box 2476V
Phone: +61 3 660-2161 			Melbourne Vic., Australia 3001

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 3 Jun 86 18:11:26 PDT
From: crash!pnet01!jam@sdcsvax.ucsd.edu (Jerry Moseley)
To: INFO-IBMPC@usc-isib.arpa
Subject: EGA + Sperry PC

Has anyone had any luck overcoming the BIOS handicap and getting an EGA
board to work with the Sperry PC (or the Leading Edge Model M)?  If so,
I'm sure there are quite a few people who would like to hear about it!

Including myself.              -jerry

------------------------------

Full-Name: James Morrell
To: info-ibmpc@usc-isib.ARPA
Subject: NEC and SONY Multisynch Monitors
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 86 23:39:52 -0500
From: Jim Morrell <morrell@mitre.ARPA>

Has anyone seen the new Sony multisynch monitor and compared it to the
NEC multisynch? The Sony was shown at COMDEX in Atlanta and is to be
"released" in JUly.

End of Info-IBMPC Digest
-------