Date:  8 Jun 86 22:54:00 PST
From: lars @ acc.arpa
Subject:  Re: /IP Osftware for PC
To: protocols @ rutgers
cc: lars
> Date: Mon, 9 Jun 86 11:08:33 jst
> From: nttlab!murakami@su-shasta.arpa (Kenbo MURAKAMI)
> Subject: TCP/IP software for PC
> To: Shasta!protocols@red.rutgers.edu
>
>  I know some TCP/IP software products for PC. As far as I know, the
> following softwares are available.
>
> (1) MIT version (MicroComputer Center, Software Sales and Application)
> (2) Spartacus's KNET TCP/IP
> (3) FTP Sofware, Inc.
>
> Which product should I buy? The product will be mainly used for network
> checking, network-watch etc. I need some facilities for testing TCP/IP
> software which is now being developed ...

KNET is not for PCs but for IBM-type mainframes
FTP is an enhanced, supported version of the MIT code.

Whether it is suiatable for your use, I don't know; it's really meant
for a workstation PC application rather than for use in a netscope.

What I think you really need is a fuzzball ... runs in an LSI-11, though.

You should try sending your request to TCPIP@SRI-NIC.ARPA which is the
mailing list about TCPIP implementations.

			/ Lars Poulsen
			  Advanced Computer Communications
			 <Lars @ ACC.ARPA>

------