Date: Thu, 20 Feb 86 16:18:05 EST
From: Martin Schoffstall <schoff%rpics.csnet@CSNET-RELAY.ARPA>
To: info-applebus%c.cs.cmu.edu@csnet-relay.arpa
Subject: cable

Does anyone have any recommendations on buying the Teflon Cable.
I'm taking delivery on 500 feet from apple but i would like to
order more through our normal cable supplier.  Any specs??

marty

Message 2 -- ************************
Date: Fri 21 Feb 86 16:46:44-EST
From: Jed Schwartz <JED@CS.COLUMBIA.EDU>
Subject: re: Cable
To: info-applebus@C.CS.CMU.EDU

BELDEN cable #89999 is what has been suggested on this mailing list in the
past.  It can be had for ~ $430./1000 ft, but the Northeast warehouse is out
of stock for a month, so it may be tough to get wherever you are.
  --Jed
-------

Message 3 -- ************************
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 86 16:46:24 EST
From: Mark_D._Gerl%UB-MTS%UMich-MTS.Mailnet@MIT-MULTICS.ARPA
To: RALPHW@C.CS.CMU.EDU

If you are refering to a cable worthy of AppleTalk, according to my
information, you can use any good two wire SHIELDED cable!   -mark gerl
-------

joel@GOULD9.UUCP (Joel West @ CACI) (03/04/86)

It is claimed that "any good two wire SHIELDED cable" is ok.  Has
anyone tried this.

The hardware docs claim that it should be 78 ohm impedance, a
capacitance of 68 pf/meter.  I presume you would want something
with similar properties--for example, a high-impedance microphone
cable would have a different bandpass.

	Joel West	 CACI, Inc. Federal, La Jolla
	{cbosgd,floyd,gould,ihnp4,pyramid,sdcsvax,ucla-cs}!gould9!joel
	gould9!joel@nosc.ARPA