Date: 11 Mar 1986 1743-PST (Tuesday)
From: Bill Croft <croft@su-safe.arpa>
To: info-applebus@cmu-cs-c
Cc: croft@su-safe.arpa
Subject: latest MacIP from Tim Maroney?

Just got this note from Kinetics:

------- Forwarded Messages

Date: Tue, 11 Mar 86 16:33:03 pst
From: normac!tim@su-aimvax.ARPA
To: diablo!croft@su-aimvax.arpa
Subject: for info-applebus
Actual-Sender: Tim McCreery

   Kinetics will send out a MAC/IP disk to anyone asking us for one
   for a distribution charge of $10. Send us a disk and return postage
   and we will do it for free. The required atpl resource is contained
   in the system file on that disk.

   Tim Maroney gave us his latest greatest version of the MAC/IP programs
   yesterday. After we check them out a bit, we will post them for the
   net unless he or someone else objects. Presumably, some bugs fixed.

   The Prompt program that is distributed with our gateways also contains
   the infamous atpl resource.

   We are licensed to distribute both the AppleTalk drivers and the Finder/
   System disks that we send out. There are no per-copy royalties, per se.
   The system file on these disks contains the latest approved AppleTalk
   drivers from Apple. We have been denied licensing for the useful
   AppleTalk tools, Peek and Poke, hence we can not distribute them.
   Complaints to Sidhu.

   Meanwhile, Rand, Dartmouth, Adobe and UCLA all seem to be up using MacIP,
   and some of them, EFS even. In case I hadn't made it clear before, we will
   send out a mac disk with the modified SEAGATE sources, like the shar file
   on diablo, for $10 also. It is now okay to post the shar file to the net.

tim

Kinetics, Inc.
3182 Old Tunnel Rd., Suite H
Lafayette, CA  94549