Date: Fri, 14 Mar 86 20:03:52 pst
From: Joel West <westjw%frog@nosc.ARPA>
Subject: Appletalk, LaserWriter utils archived
Newsgroups: mod.protocols.appletalk,mod.computers.laser-printers
To: info-applebus@cmu-cs-c.ARPA, laser-lovers@washington.ARPA

There were some programs posted to net.sources.mac in February
that people on INFO-APPLEBUS expressed an interest in.  I've
uploaded them to CMU-CS-C.ARPA in directory PS:<APPLEBUS.PROGRAMS>
where [Ralph Hyre, info-applebus-request@CMU-CS-C] will keep an eye on them.

They address both LaserWriter (Postscript) and Appletalk issues and seem to
make a useful set, although I haven't loaded them online yet.  Here's a
brief description:

ATPRINT.HQX	Executable
ATPRINT.SHAR	SuMacC source, in UNIX shell archive format
by Anders Hillbo, Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm
	Reads a Postscript-encoded file from the Mac's modem port,
	and outputs it on the Appletalk port.

LASER.SHAR	BSD-compatible C source, in UNIX shell archive format
by Matti Rendahl, RIT
	Takes plain text and puts enough Postscript on it for minimal
	formatting, ala pr(1).  Suggested as a UNIX companion to
	ATPRINT.

PSCRIPTEST.HQX	Executable
by Clayton Elwell, Ohio State
	"It puts up an edit window and allows you to send the contents
	to the currently active LW as PostScript commands."

I'm curious to see here from anyone who uses them.  Unfortunately, I
do most of my hacking at home, but the LW's and AT net are at work.

	Joel West	CACI, Inc. - Federal
	westjw@nosc.ARPA
	{decvax,ucbvax,ihnp4}!sdcsvax!noscvax!westjw
-------