[net.sf-lovers] Help: World Fantasy Convention Info Wanted

dim@cbuxc.UUCP (Dennis McKiernan) (09/12/85)

I am looking for information as to how to contact
the organizers of the world fantasy convention,
to be held in Tucson Arizona, October 1985.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

E-mail the replys to:

Dennis L. McKiernan
{ihnp4,cbosgd}!cbuxc!dim

sas@leadsv.UUCP (Scott Stewart) (09/19/85)

In article <334@cbuxc.UUCP>, dim@cbuxc.UUCP (Dennis McKiernan) writes:

> I am looking for information as to how to contact
> the organizers of the world fantasy convention,
> to be held in Tucson Arizona, October 1985.

     I thought WorldCon '85 was being held in Australia. What I'm
     curious about is that I've heard that whenever a WorldCon is
     held outside the U.S. that there is a sub-Con in the U.S. Is
     this true? Is the name of the convention WesterCon? Is this
     the same WesterCon that is being held in SF either in '86 or
     '87? (I can't remember which year it says on my flyer) What
     is the difference between WorldCon and WesterCon?

					Thanks
					Scott A. Stewart
					LMSC - Sunnyvale