[mod.protocols.appletalk] Sun telnet problems

WITLICKI@WILLIAMS.BITNET.UUCP (04/07/87)

> Gavin_Eadie@um.cc.umich.edu writes:
>I just got SU Mac IP in the mail and have a problem with the
>telnet implementation. I'm running on a MacPlus through a Kinetics
>Fastpath into a Sun 3/52.
>
>It seems that the <return> doesn't forward the typed line, but
>that clicking on the <lf> button at the top of the screen is what
>is required.

   Which version of the Sun OS are you running?  We had the same
problem between our Suns and a VMS vax running the Tektronix tcp/ip
software when we went from SUN OS 3.0 to 3.2 - Sun customer support said
it was a known problem and the solution was to reload the telnet
binary from the 3.0 tapes.  It turned out that we also had
to reload the 3.0 telnetd to make things work okay bidirectionally.

-- randy witlicki   -- computer science facilities manager
                            williams college, williamstown, massachusetts
witlicki@williams.BITNET