[net.internat] Where are postings about countries allowing drugs

guy@sun.uucp (Guy Harris) (02/21/86)

>      Does anybody out there know of any countries where the use of opiates
> and/or other drugs for personal or recreational purposes is legal?...

The misconception that "net.internat" is for discussion of "international"
issues in general crops up every now and then.  It is for discussion of
issues relating to "the internationalization of computer software" or some
such phrase, not any issue that involves multiple countries (or issues
involving countries other than the U.S. - interesting that many people
consider "international" equivalent to "not U.S.A."; a bit of tunnel-vision
there).
--
	Guy Harris
	guy@sun.arpa	(yes, really)

storm@diku.UUCP (Kim Fabricius Storm) (02/25/86)

In article <3267@sun.uucp> guy@sun.uucp (Guy Harris) writes:
>                                        - interesting that many people
>consider "international" equivalent to "not U.S.A."; a bit of tunnel-vision
>there).

You are quite right on that point!  There were a lot of arguments against
making net.internat a 'net.' group; some Americans meant that an 'eunet.'
group would be more than adequate for this kind of discussions.

There seems to be a bit of 'tunnel-vision' *over* there too :-)

------------------
Kim F. Storm, storm@diku.UUCP  (seismo!diku!storm)
Institute of Datalogy(=CS), U of Copenhagen, Universitetsparken 1, DK-2100 OE

storm@diku.UUCP (Kim Fabricius Storm) (03/01/86)

With a name like 'net.internat' which does not reveal anything about
its purpose, we simply have to live with unrelated subjects popping
up in the group from time to time.  Hopefully, the occurrence of a few
'international' issues will not lead other net.people to believe that
the group is really for 'discussion of international matters'!

But maybe we should create net.internat.software and move our
'internationalization of computer software' issues there ?
(is a :-) needed here ?)