[net.auto.tech] 15W-50 Mobil 1 Availability

pnovak@ihuxm.UUCP (paul novak) (12/05/85)

Mobil 1 is available in two viscosities now: 3W-30 and 15W-50.
The 5W-30 is sold both at service stations as well as retailers
(K-marts, auto parts stores, etc).  I've never seen the 15W-50
being sold anywhere except Mobil service stations.  I called Mobil
and couldn't find out if in fact this is some corporate marketing
strategy.

Question:  has anyone ever seen 15W-50 Mobil 1 being sold at any
retail outlet?

ihuxm!pnovak

In article <1344@ihuxm.UUCP>, pnovak@ihuxm.UUCP (paul novak) writes:
>Mobil 1 is available in two viscosities now: 3W-30 and 15W-50.
>The 5W-30 is sold both at service stations as well as retailers
>(K-marts, auto parts stores, etc).  I've never seen the 15W-50
>being sold anywhere except Mobil service stations.  I called Mobil
>and couldn't find out if in fact this is some corporate marketing
>strategy.
>Question:  has anyone ever seen 15W-50 Mobil 1 being sold at any
>retail outlet?
>ihuxm!pnovak
Look in your local Monkey Wards auto supply department.
|        skokie, illinois        |

jimv@apollo.uucp (James Vienneau) (12/09/85)

> Has anyone seen Mobil 1 anywhere besides Mobil dealers?

Yes, I have seen it the local Bradlees.