[net.sf-lovers] SF Music--After the Gold Rush

jam@dcl-cs.UUCP (John A. Mariani) (09/14/85)

In article <3637@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU> maxwell%speedy.DEC@decwrl.ARPA writes:

>Back in  V 10 #277 (July), druxo!knf@topaz.arpa mentions a song "Children of
>the Sun",  which  I  believe  is actually a reference to the song "After the
>Gold  Rush", on an album by a group called (I think) Gold Rush.
>
>-+- Sid Maxwell, DEC @ Spit Brook Rd, Nashua NH

 Let me join the throngs with a point of information. This album is by Neil
 Young .. he of CSN&Y.

--
UUCP:  ...!seismo!mcvax!ukc!dcl-cs!jam
DARPA: jam%lancs.comp@ucl-cs	| Post: University of Lancaster,

jmh@ukc.UUCP (Jim Hague) (09/16/85)

In article <553@dcl-cs.UUCP> jam@dcl-cs.UUCP (John A. Mariani) writes:
>In article <3637@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU> maxwell%speedy.DEC@decwrl.ARPA writes:
>>
>>Back in  V 10 #277 (July), druxo!knf@topaz.arpa mentions a song "Children of
>>the Sun",  which  I  believe  is actually a reference to the song "After the
>>Gold  Rush", on an album by a group called (I think) Gold Rush.
>>
>>-+- Sid Maxwell, DEC @ Spit Brook Rd, Nashua NH
>
> Let me join the throngs with a point of information. This album is by Neil
> Young .. he of CSN&Y.

If memory serves, the group who had a hitette with this is in the UK
were called 'Prelude'. Good tune, innit ?
--
Jim Hague       UUCP: ..!mcvax!ukc!jmh          Tel: +44 227 66822 x7697
                TG:   72:MAG10135                    +44 227 454993

If God had meant us to fly, he would NEVER have given us the railways.
- Flanders & Swann, At the Drop of Another Hat.

jj@alice.UUCP (10/01/85)

"After the Gold Rush" is indeed by Neal Young, and the
words given are to "After the Gold Rush".  The
PERFORMANCE that the person is talking about
is by a group named
"Prelude", who did it in a MOST eerie way,
totally unlike Neal Young's.  The rest of the
album is indeed a bit religious, in a way.

--
SUPPORT SECULAR TEDDY-BEAR-ISM.
"From the cradle to the grave, from the cradle to the grave..."

(ihnp4/allegra)!alice!jj