[net.sf-lovers] Anne McCaffrey as a person

donch@teklabs.UUCP (Don Chitwood) (09/19/85)

My wife and I both enjoy Anne McCaffrey's books.  From her writing style
it seems she is a "humanist", i.e. concentrates on feelings, emotional
aspects of people, and human interpersonal relationships.

This makes me wonder if her personality is being reflected in her stories.
In other words, is she a warm, loving human being, interested in and interesting
to others?

 Anyone in netland know Anne personally?  I'd be fascinated to know what kind
of a person she is.

Don Chitwood
Teklabs
Tektronix, Inc.

tom@utcsri.UUCP (Tom Nadas) (09/22/85)

I don't know McCaffrey personally, but I did have the chance to see
her live at a reception in Toronto put on my Bantam celebrating the
publication of DRAGON DRUMS.  She certainly came across as a warm,
loving human being interested in others.

rjs

ZELLICH@SRI-NIC.ARPA (09/26/85)

From: Rich Zellich <ZELLICH@SRI-NIC.ARPA>

Having met her at multiple conventions, I think I can say unequivocally that
yes, she is a warm, loving human being, interested in and interesting to
others.

She is also a delightfully bawdy woman, and a hell of a raconteur!  To catch
her act, look into attending Norwescon 9 in Seattle, 20-23 March 1986; right
now, that's the only place I know of her appearing in the US in the next year
(their other guests are Kelly and Polly Freas, Spider & Jeannie Robinson, &
Greg Bennett; see publicly-accesible SRI-NIC file <ZELLICH>CONS.TXT for more
information).  She is subsidized by the Irish government (paid to stay home and
write, essentially), and only gets to take 2 trips a year out of the British
isles (as I understand her situation, anyway).

-Rich

-------

days@glasgow.glasgow.UUCP (Judge Dredd) (10/03/85)

> Having met her at multiple conventions, I think I can say unequivocally that
> yes, she is a warm, loving human being, interested in and interesting to
> others.
	Hear Hear, she was at Albacon (SCOTLAND) a couple of months ago, with
Harlan Ellison. What a contrast.
--
Stephen Day, Comp Sci Dept, University of Glasgow, Scotland

seismo!mcvax!ukc!glasgow!days		If time were like a treacle bun,
					I would enjoy it so,
					But now it seems it's on the run,
					I'd really better go.