20. Be3		Rac8
21. Rac1	h6
22. h3		Nd4

         123456789012345678901234T
Karpov   0++11+++++0++++         7+
Kasparov 1++00+++++1++++         7+

cv@linus.UUCP (Chris J. Valas) (10/15/85)

-=-
I know we've all become slightly jaded because of the rules changes
since last time around with these guys, but is anyone interested enough
to have been translating the moves postings to the other notation?
Are you waiting until the conclusion to post all of them at once?
Somebody please say yes.

Chris J. Valas         {decvax,utzoo,philabs,security,allegra,genrad}!linus!cv
-=-

gjerawlins@watdaisy.UUCP (Gregory J.E. Rawlins) (10/18/85)

In article <599@linus.UUCP> cv@linus.UUCP (Chris J. Valas) writes:
>[................] is anyone interested enough
>to have been translating the moves postings to the other notation?

    Ummm...i think that anyone interested enough in the games can
do the "translation" him/herself. It's easy to go from algebraic
to descriptive - the easiest thing to do would be to label a
spare chessboard a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h and 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8. Of course
one could argue that you shouldn't even have to "translate" and
should learn to use algebraic...but i don't want to plunge us
back into the descriptive vs algebraic argument of a couple of
terms back.
    By the way, no one ever says it so i think i will - Thanks
for taking all the trouble to post the games Ken, we all
appreciate it very much.
		greg.
ps-to the clued out. "ken" == Ken Thompson of Belle fame.
---
--
gjerawlins%waterloo.csnet@csnet-relay.arpa         Gregory J. E. Rawlins
gjerawlins@waterloo.csnet  gjerawlins@watmath.uucp Dept. CS, U. Waterloo