[net.micro.amiga] Amiga Details Questions

john@anasazi.UUCP (John Moore) (09/08/85)

In article <974@druxo.UUCP> knf@druxo.UUCP (FricklasK) writes:
>It blows AWAY anything so far available!  You can digitize the output of your
>stereo! And Electronic Arts is coming out with come great software for it!!

Does it require an extra peripheral for the digitization or is the digitizer
on-board. The glossies I got were vague, and the salesman thought (with little
info himself) that the digitizer was an extra goodie to be purchased.

>"Hold and modify" mode to display all 4096 colors at once.

How does Hold and Modify really work? Is it a form of delta mode?

I notice that each expansion widget you add must be in a separate box
and plug into the side. That would seem to raise the prices of add-ons
when compared to card rack machines such as the PC/AT. Does anyone know
if a card cage "expansion box" is planned?

--
John Moore (NJ7E)
{decvax|ihnp4|hao}!noao!terak!anasazi!john

knf@druxo.UUCP (FricklasK) (09/11/85)

>>It blows AWAY anything so far available!  You can digitize the output of your
>>stereo! And Electronic Arts is coming out with come great software for it!!
>Does it require an extra peripheral for the digitization or is the digitizer
>on-board. The glossies I got were vague, and the salesman thought (with little
>info himself) that the digitizer was an extra goodie to be purchased.
Yes, the digitizer will cost about $200 additional.

>>"Hold and modify" mode to display all 4096 colors at once.
>How does Hold and Modify really work? Is it a form of delta mode?
Yes. You pick a color from the pallette of 32 available, then give
it another byte that indicates that the next eight bits are a modification
of the last and will be selected from the range "surrounding" (actually
after) that one.

>I notice that each expansion widget you add must be in a separate box
>and plug into the side. That would seem to raise the prices of add-ons
>when compared to card rack machines such as the PC/AT. Does anyone know
>if a card cage "expansion box" is planned?
Tandon will be coming out with a box capable of holding 2MB memory, and
including a 20MB hard disk and a couple additional ports, it should sell
for about $1000.

   '`'`'
    Ken
   '`'``'
--

granvold@tymix.UUCP (Tom Granvold) (09/14/85)

In article <285@anasazi.UUCP> john@anasazi.UUCP (John Moore) writes:

>Does it require an extra peripheral for the digitization or is the digitizer
>on-board. The glossies I got were vague, and the salesman thought (with little
>info himself) that the digitizer was an extra goodie to be purchased.

As far as I have been able to tell, it will need an extra peripheral for
the digitizer.

>How does Hold and Modify really work? Is it a form of delta mode?

A coworker of mine who had a chance to quiclky look through the
documentation says the in hold and modify the value stored for each pixel
(number bits ?) is the differance from the previous pixel's value.

Tom Granvold
ucbvax!allegra!oliveb!tymix!granvold