[net.micro.amiga] Development systems info

LAVITSKY@RED.RUTGERS.EDU (09/21/85)

From: Eric <LAVITSKY@RED.RUTGERS.EDU>

Hi,

 Since so many people have continued to bug me for this, I will post
it again. Here are the names of the people to contact if you want to
get an Amiga development system:

	Caryn Havis
	Manager of 3rd Party Software Operations
	Commodore/Amiga Inc.
	983 University Ave. #D
	Los Gatos, CA 95030
	408-395-6616

or:

	David Street
	Commodore Software
	1200 wilson Drive
	West Chester, PA
	215-431-9180

And a note for Arpanet sites: if you want to receive the INFO-AMIGA
distribution, please send a message to INFO-AMIGA-REQUEST@RUTGERS.
Local redistributions are preffered, so contact your site
administrators to see if you can do it!

Thank You and good luck,
Eric Lavitsky
INFO-AMIGA Coordinator
-------

rick@uwmacc.UUCP (the absurdist) (09/24/85)

In article <3717@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU> LAVITSKY@RED.RUTGERS.EDU writes:
>Here are the names of the people to contact if you want to
>get an Amiga development system:
>
>	Caryn Havis

	Don't try this person -- the office will now just refer
you to a new contact person, Paul Goheen or David
Street at their Westchester headquarters.  (Eric's
address information is good for both of them)

>or:
>
>	David Street
>	Commodore Software
>	1200 wilson Drive
>	West Chester, PA 19380
>	215-431-9180

If you call this number, they'll tell you that they want
something in writing (attention Paul Goheen), explaining
who you are, why you are interested in developing software
for the Amiga, and "what makes you special".

	(After hearing this, I was tempted to answer "I'm
expressing interest in a machine marketed by a company whose
imminent bankruptcy is being talked about by the Wall Street
Journal, and this private developer's club attitude isn't
endearing Commodore to me....).

	Assuming you become a developer, you get technical
support from a 5-person staff.  If there was anything else
you might get (documents....?) the person on the phone sure
didn't know it.
--
"What if they gave a net.flame ... and nobody came?"
Rick Keir -- MicroComputer Information Center, MACC