[net.micro.amiga] What do you other software developers have?

lbg@gitpyr.UUCP (Lee B Grey, Programmer Extraordinaire) (09/29/85)

< slurp slurp ............. URPP!!!    ahhhhhhhhhhh >

After two of the longest weeks of my life, I got my AMIGA
development system.  You people can argue over AMIGA v. ST
even AFTER the cows come home, but I won't be interested.
Until someone tops the AMIGA, buying anything other than
an AMIGA is tossing your money in the gutter, as far as I
am concerned.

How many software developers are out there?  What software did
you people get?  The reason I ask is that the loose notes that
came wrapped in plastic with a cardboard backing make lots of
references to demos such as boing, molly, robocity, mandril,
etc.  I didn't get these.  Did anybody else?

Also, did you folks get a sound cable with your monitor?  I didn't.
By the way, what (besides mono sound v. stereo sound) is the
difference between the 1070 and 1080?  I have read that the 1070
has a .31 dot pitch and the 1080 has a .39 dot pitch.  If this
is true, I am very glad to have the 1070!

I hooked my AMIGA to my stereo, expecting to hear incredible sounds
from POLYSCOPE.  Is it as silent as my AMIGA makes it seem, or
something wrong?  My ABasiC talks, so I know that my stereo hook-up
works.

I have been trying to link with ALINK, but keep getting an error
about __pow not found in library lc.lib.  The returncode is 10.
I am trying to use pow, exp, log, sin, cos, atan, and sqrt.  I
included math.h and limits.h.  What is missing???

Thanks for listening.  Those of us who are software developers can
make or break the AMIGA.  We owe it to this machine to live up to
its potential.  If you don't have an AMIGA, do yourself a favor --
GET ONE!

Lee Grey
Bhagwan Rajneesh of the AMIGA-Obsession Cult

michael3@garfield.UUCP (Mike Rendell) (09/30/85)

In article <827@gitpyr.UUCP> lbg@gitpyr.UUCP (Lee B Grey, Programmer Extraordinaire) writes:
.
.
>I have been trying to link with ALINK, but keep getting an error
>about __pow not found in library lc.lib.  The returncode is 10.
>I am trying to use pow, exp, log, sin, cos, atan, and sqrt.  I
>included math.h and limits.h.  What is missing???
.
.

>Lee Grey
>Bhagwan Rajneesh of the AMIGA-Obsession Cult

This is just a guess but.... Did you link it with the math library? (-lm
or something like that)

					Mike Rendell

jons@islenet.UUCP (Jonathan Spangler) (10/02/85)

In article <827@gitpyr.UUCP> lbg@gitpyr.UUCP (Lee B Grey, Programmer Extraordinaire) writes:
>After two of the longest weeks of my life, I got my AMIGA
>development system.  You people can argue over AMIGA v. ST
>even AFTER the cows come home, but I won't be interested.
>Until someone tops the AMIGA, buying anything other than
>an AMIGA is tossing your money in the gutter, as far as I
>am concerned.
>
>...  I didn't get these.  Did anybody else?
>
>Also, did you folks get a sound cable with your monitor?  I didn't.
>
>I hooked my AMIGA to my stereo, expecting to hear incredible sounds
>from POLYSCOPE.  Is it as silent as my AMIGA makes it seem, or
>something wrong?
>...I have been trying to link with ALINK, but keep getting an error...
>
>Lee Grey
>Bhagwan Rajneesh of the AMIGA-Obsession Cult

Let us not be so hasty in judging here. It seems that competition is
good for the free enterprize system to flourish and your
"tunnel vision" and narrow-mindedness is disturbing, especially
from a software developer. Seems you would want both machines to fare
well.

Also, for such a great machine there sure seems to be quite a few problems
with it. I just thought it to be ironic that the it is so great
BUT...this, that and the other thing are wrong with it.

How come I haven't heard complaints like these from ST developers?

Aloha,
Jonathan Spangler
{ihnp4,vortex,dual}!islenet!jons