[net.micro.amiga] More Amiga Software

djz@spice.cs.cmu.edu (10/03/85)

From: Daniel.Zigmond@SPICE.CS.CMU.EDU

Just an update: Amiga Lisp arrived from Commodore-Amiga some time ago and
ISO Pascal came today.  I was asked to do some editing on the Pascal manual
so I assume it is not to be released for a little while (but I could be
wrong; this is not any sort of official statement).  Again, I will try to
answer any questions.

	Dan

gary@cirl.UUCP (Gary Girzon) (10/05/85)

> From: Daniel.Zigmond@SPICE.CS.CMU.EDU
>
> Just an update: Amiga Lisp arrived from Commodore-Amiga some time ago and

	Let's hear more about which implementation of Lisp it is. Is
it possible for other developers to receive a pre-release version of it?

	Anyone out there have a terminal emulator yet? It should not
be that difficult; for example, AmigaDos has predefined CON: to be a
a virtual terminal, capable of receiving standard ASCII, CR, LF but
not the cursor keys. The virtual terminal can also be set to a specific
window. Thus if one executes

	copy SER: to "CON:/10/100/100/200/output window"

this should result in data read from the serial port being placed in
a window (defined between the slashes) virtual terminal. "output window"
is just the title of the window. I have not tried this because I do
not have anything connected serially yet. But the copy command works
CON: to CON:, so it should work similarly here. All that is needed
to implement a 6 line version of this "dumb" terminal emulator are
calls to AmigaDos for key_down detect and serial character detect.
I am working on it.

					Gary

UUCP: ...{ihnp4,harvard}!think!cirl!gary