[net.micro.amiga] amiga-group

gardner@sri-spam (10/08/85)

From: gardner@sri-spam (David Gardner)

Will I receive all Amiga related net traffic by being on this
distribution list?  Or are there other Amiga user groups that
I need to get on?

Thanks,
David Gardner
gardner@spam

djz@spice.cs.cmu.edu (10/08/85)

From: Daniel.Zigmond@SPICE.CS.CMU.EDU

eric@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU (Eric Lavitsky) (10/08/85)

> From: gardner@sri-spam
> Newsgroups: net.micro.amiga
> Subject: amiga-group
> Date: 7 Oct 85 21:28:03 GMT
> Sender: daemon@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU
>
> From: gardner@sri-spam (David Gardner)
>
> Will I receive all Amiga related net traffic by being on this
> distribution list?  Or are there other Amiga user groups that
> I need to get on?
>
> Thanks,
> David Gardner
> gardner@spam

Hi,

 This is the *only* public discussion group for the Amiga PC that
exists on Usenet or Arpanet. I know of no private discussion groups
that are available. BIX (Byte Information Exchange) also has an
interesting section devoted to the Amiga.

Eric
--

ARPA:	LAVITSKY@RUTGERS or LAVITSKY@RED.RUTGERS.EDU
UUCP:	...{harvard,seismo,ut-sally,sri-iu,ihnp4}!topaz!eric

lamy@utai.UUCP (Francois Lamy) (10/11/85)

I find that some people make excessive use of the facility to
include the article they are replying to.  Reading everything
two or three times (in case of cascaded inclusions) is hardly
efficient.  Of course, there are ways to skip the inclusions, but
the point it that if you are making a comment on a specific point
you should be able to be more precise and quote the relevant part.
Otherwise your impact gets diluted and the reader gets angry.

Jean-Francois Lamy
U. of Toronto AI: lamy@utai.toronto.csnet,
                  {decvax,allegra,linus,utzoo}!utcsri!utai!lamy
U. of Montreal: lamy%iro.udem.cdn@ubc.csnet

"intelligent 3: able to perform computer functions"
                                     -- Webster's 9th New Collegiate Dictionary

freed@aum.UUCP (Erik Freed) (10/16/85)

> I find that some people make excessive use of the facility to
> include the article they are replying to.  Reading everything
> two or three times (in case of cascaded inclusions) is hardly
> efficient.  Of course, there are ways to skip the inclusions, but

Yes this is extremeley annoying. Especially the people who quote two or
three levels of replies then add one silly quip on the end. This is extremeley
juvenile and is enough to make any 1200 baud reader quit forever.(!!##%$)
                           Erik James Freed
			   Aurora Systems
			   San Francisco, CA
			   {dual,ptsfa}!aum!freed