[net.sf-lovers] Doc Savage on NPR

MARTIN@YALE.ARPA (10/07/85)

From: Charles Martin <Martin@YALE.ARPA>

This morning I heard an blurb for a "Doc Savage" radio
adventure show, to be broadcast at 4pm today (Monday)
on National Public Radio.  Probably a weekly occurance.
Doc did the advertisement; sounds like a good voice.

Old time radio fans, take note!!!

-------

boyajian%akov68.DEC@decwrl.ARPA (10/09/85)

From: boyajian%akov68.DEC@decwrl.ARPA  (JERRY BOYAJIAN)

> From: Charles Martin <Martin@YALE.ARPA>

> This morning I heard an blurb for a "Doc Savage" radio
> adventure show, to be broadcast at 4pm today (Monday)
> on National Public Radio.  Probably a weekly occurance.
> Doc did the advertisement; sounds like a good voice.

This past July, at Pulpcon, I heard a couple of episodes of
the first serial, an adaptation of FEAR CAY. I didn't care
for *all* of the voices, but most of them were quite good,
and the adaptation was well-done. And I'm not even much of
a radio-drama fan (though I am a Doc fan). Following FEAR
CAY should be an adaptation of THE THOUSAND-HEADED MAN. It
will depend on how well these two serials do as to whether
there will be any more.

--- jayembee (Jerry Boyajian, DEC, Acton-Nagog, MA)

UUCP:	{decvax|ihnp4|allegra|ucbvax|...}
	!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-akov68!boyajian
ARPA:	boyajian%akov68.DEC@DECWRL.ARPA