[net.sf-lovers] ORSINIAN TALES by Ursula K. LeGuin

boyajian@akov68.DEC (JERRY BOYAJIAN) (10/09/85)

> From:	druri!dht	(Davis Tucker)

>     Despite its cover, and despite the publisher's blurb, this is
> *not* a science-fiction *or* fantasy collection. The tales are
> of Hungary, and Hungarians, and it seems that the only reason
> why "Orsinia" is mentioned at all is to fool the unsuspecting
> science-fiction fan who refuses to read anything else

Or perhaps it's because everyone knows that LeGuin is a science fiction
writer, and thus anything she writes must be science fiction. (Add one
large dollop of sarcasm.)

I have to agree with your assessment of ORSINIAN TALES, and I feel
obliged to point out a related novel of hers, MALAFRENA,  that
should also be to your liking (though I didn't enjoy it quite as
much as ORSINIAN TALES).

--- jayembee (Jerry Boyajian, DEC, Acton-Nagog, MA)

UUCP:	{decvax|ihnp4|allegra|ucbvax|...}
	!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-akov68!boyajian
ARPA:	boyajian%akov68.DEC@DECWRL.ARPA