[net.micro.amiga] Amiga Benchmark Posted

gary@cirl.UUCP (Gary Girzon) (10/31/85)

I have posted an Amiga graphics demo ( amigademo.c ) in net.sources,
written by C. Heath ( cheath @ BIX ). It should provide some means
of comparing the graphics and user interface performance of different
machines.

nigel@minster.UUCP (nigel) (11/04/85)

In article <663@ecsvax.UUCP> mjg@ecsvax.UUCP (Michael Gingell) writes:

>How fast is the Amiga ?. In the cause of Science I tried the Dhrystone
>benchmark published recently in net.sources. Running in CLI mode only
>and compiling with the current release of the Lattice compiler (no
>Enums) I found it executed 50000 Drystone loops in 110 secs. Thats
>approximately 450 Dhrystones/sec.

Ok - so we ran it on an Atari 520ST ... 1092 Dhrystones/sec. This is,
of course, independent of graphic mode, but if you wave the mouse about
it slows down a bit.

Nigel Roles

P.S. The benchmark is wrong. malloc() should be declared as char *.

tynor@gitpyr.UUCP (Steve Tynor) (11/13/85)

>Ok - so we ran it on an Atari 520ST ... 1092 Dhrystones/sec. This is,
>of course, independent of graphic mode, but if you wave the mouse about
>it slows down a bit.
>
>Nigel Roles

Uh...  I ran it on my ST and got 849 Dhrystones/sec.  Did you use the DR C
compiler, or the Haba C compiler?  I used the DR C compiler that comes in
the  development system.

Even so, we're still cranking out twice as many dhrystones as the Amiga...

No problem is so formidable that you can't just walk away from it.

    Steve Tynor
    Georgia Instutute of Technology

 ...{akgua, allegra, amd, harpo, hplabs,
     ihnp4, masscomp, ut-ngp, rlgvax, sb1,
     uf-cgrl, unmvax, ut-sally}  !gatech!gitpyr!tynor